HERE’S A roundup of the events that Terrace RCMP attended to in the last 24 hours:
– man running through a parking lot on Lakelse Ave. carrying a vacuum looking suspicious. Checks were done of area.
– theft of meat from Safeway.
– police arrested a 19-year-old man for shoplifting at Safeway. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– false 911 call from payphone in Skeena Mall
– two intoxicated people lying near the railroad tracks on Greig Ave. Police arrested a 19-year-old man for public intoxication.
– attempted shoplifting from Save On Foods.
– intoxicated woman passed out behind Skeena Liquor Store. Checks were done of area.
– 911 call of two people trying to beat up another person under the new Skeena Bridge. A 22-year-old
man and a 38-year-old man were located. Both were extremely intoxicated and there were no signs of
an assault having occurred. Both men were arrested for public intoxication.
– fight at the Spirits Night Club. A man was located walking home. Fight was consensual and no injuries.
– a man attended to the detachment to report that he was assaulted. He was intoxicated, uncooperative, and belligerent with the police officers. He was arrested for public intoxication and assessed at Mills Memorial Hospital for injuries, then taken back into police custody.
– possible impaired driver in a grey Toyota Paseo
– two false cellular 911 calls
– suspicious vehicles parked near Parkside School. Checks were done of area.
– three boys causing a disturbance at Skeena Secondary School
– man wanting to fight people in George Little Park. Checks were done of area.
– children reported missing. Miscommunication. They were located.
– a truck towing a trailer carrying a backhoe backed up and struck overhead lines at the 4900 block of Lazelle Ave, pulling them down, then drove away. BC Hydro and Telus attended, determined they were phone lines, and pulled them off the road.
– false alarm on Keith Ave. Business owner called police off prior to police attendance.
– report of a missing, possibly intoxicated, 21-year-old. Police were advised shortly after that he was located.
– false business alarm on School St.
– a man purchased a boat online. The deal was made over a site called onlinedropoffstore.net. An amount of money was transferred, and the boat was not sent.
– ATV on Furlong Ave. Checks were done of area.
– dirt bikes in the Thornhill Elementary School Playground. Checks were done.
– sexual assault investigation
– man refusing to leave the Northern Motor Inn. He left on his own accord prior to police attendance.
– people constantly speeding on Kalum Lake Rd.
– an intoxicated man was causing problems on the Greyhound bus. He was asked to leave the bus around Kleanza Creek. Police did checks of the area.
– a blue BMX bike with purple pedals and design on the seat was stolen from a residence on Gitselasu St.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.