HERE ARE the incidents requiring the involvement of Terrace RCMP officers for the 24 hour period ending at 8 am May 8, 2012.
– two men looking in the back of pickup trucks looking for bottles. Police spoke with both men, who were soberish.
– police observed an intoxicated woman stumbling down Atwood St. The 49 yr old woman was arrested for public intoxication.
– fight in front of Save On Foods. Three people were located. Fight was consensual. Police arrested an intoxicated 43 yr old woman for causing a disturbance.
– false business alarm on Lakelse Ave
– A person banging on a window of a residence on Park Ave. The person was gone prior to police arrival. Checks were done of area.
– two winter tires were found on the front lawn of a residence on Twedle Ave. One is a Winter Claw Extreme Grip and the other is a Salun Ice Blazer.
– false business alarm on Kalum St. Ongoing issue at that location.
– report of a missing 37 yr old woman. The woman called police a short time later to advise that she was fine.
– three people partying in a carport on Park Ave. Their booze was seized and they were moved on. – false business alarm on Walsh Ave. Police attendance was cancelled prior to their arrival.
– a person requested police check on the activities of her 12 yr old daughter who left school for the day. She was advised that this is a parenting issue and not a police matter at this point.
– indirect threats made to a person thru Facebook. The person did not want police involvement.
– white Ford Explorer being driven in an erratic manner by a woman on Kalum St. Checks were done of the area.
– a cell phone was stolen from a vehicle and now being used to deliver threats thru a false Facebook Account. Facebook was advised to shut down the account due to it being used in a criminal manner.
– shoplifting at the Real Canadian Wholesale. Suspect described as a native woman, possibly goes by “Sophia“, and with acne scarring on her face. Left on a bike west bound on Feeney Ave.
– a home was break and entered on Walsh Ave and the TV was smashed. The home owner was given advice as to how to better secure the residence.
– intoxicated woman refusing to leave a residence on Keith Ave. Police attended and found a 61 yr old woman sitting outside in the rain extremely intoxicated. She was arrested for public intoxication.
– a white 1997 International truck with a hydraulic lift was stolen from Uni-Construction on Old Lakelse Lake Dr sometime overnight. It was located a few hours later abandoned in a gravel pit at Kalum St / Keith Ave. No damage to the vehicle. The key was in the ignition.
– report of shots fired near a residence on Hwy 37. Police attended and spoke with a neighbor who is having ongoing problems with a sow grizzly and two cubs. Firecrackers and cherry bombs were used to scare the bear away.
– false cellular 911 call
– police attended rally. No issues.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.