Terrace Christmas parade cancelled

Not enough entries forces cancellation for second year in a row

  • Thu Nov 29th, 2012 5:00am
  • News

THE TERRACE and District Chamber of Commerce has canceled plans for a Christmas parade this Saturday.

For the second year in a row, not enough businesses or organizations entered.

As of this morning, before the cancellation decision was made, only five entries had been submitted, said chamber of commerce executive director Carol Fielding.

“It is with great regret that I have to announce that there will no downtown parade this year,” said Fielding.

“Once again we only have five entries and that is just not enough to warrant closing off the downtown and recruiting all the volunteers & equipment that is needed to work that magic.”

“I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to those of you that did step up and want to remind you that there is a family event taking place that night in the George Little Park, so please plan to attend,” Fielding added.

She said she’ll be mailing back entry fees this week.

The family event at George Little Park begins at 6 p.m. this Saturday, Dec. 1 with a mini parade. There’ll be music and activities.