Here’s the incidents that Terrace RCMP responded to in the last 24 hours:
– man panhandling outside of Safeway. Police located the man and told him to move on. He was arrested a few hours later for public intoxication.
– a group of intoxicated men fighting near, and on, the railroad tracks on Greig Ave. Police arrested a 35-year-old man for public intoxication.
– a 22-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication on Greig Ave. during routine patrols.
– a rock was thrown thru the driver’s side window of a green 1995 GMC pickup truck on Park Ave.
– false business alarm on Kalum St.
– a 71-year-old woman reported being held against her will. Police attended to her residence and assured her she was safe.
– a woman reported that her son was being abused by his father in another province. Police followed up with the 34-year-old son, who was fine.
– possible impaired in a grey 2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab on Kalum St. Checks were done in area.
– 59-year-old man was arrested on Clinton and Railway Ave. for public intoxication.
– a blue 1995 Ford Mustang driven by a 17-year-old girl rear-ended a red 2004 Chevrolet Optra driven by a 18-year-old girl on Park Ave. / Eby St. The Mustang suffered extensive front end damage and had to be towed. No one was injured.
– staff of the Ksan Emergency Shelter turned over an amount of marijuana that was found.
– uttering threats. Police located the man and spoke with him.
– drug activity reported.
– report of gun shots heard near Hanson St. Neighborhood queries done. It was fireworks.
– 17-year-old girl reported missing. Chronic runaway. 80th time she has been reported missing.
– noisy party on Little Ave. Party was breaking up upon police arrival.
– 13-year-old girl was arrested for pubic intoxication.
– a brown 2006 Nissan Xtrail driven by a 61-year-old man was rear-ended by a red 1989 Ford Lariat driven by a 27-year-old man on Old Lakelse Lake Rd. / Crescent St. The driver and passenger of the Nissan had minor injuries and were transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance for assessment.
– possible intoxicated driver. Police spoke with the man. Unfounded complaint.
– gun shots heard on Penner St. Police spoke with people in the area and ascertained it was fireworks.
– I-phone 4 lost on Sparks St. on April 22.
– on-board theft from a sleeping passenger on an airplane. Police boarded the airplane upon its landing in Terrace and arrested the man for theft. Various items were found and returned to the rightful owner. The man was then arrested for public intoxication.
– intoxicated man causing a disturbance and refusing to leave a residence. He left on his own accord prior to police attendance. Checks were done of area.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.