The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 30 calls for service from December 22nd, 8 AM till December 23rd, 8 AM. During the same time period two people were lodged in Terrace Cells. One person was lodged for intoxication.
- Group of people drinking alcohol at the Spirit Night club stairs on Emerson St. Police spoke with the group who were eating. Alcohol was not observed.
- Abandoned 911 call at a business on Lazelle Ave. Checks were conducted and it was deemed false.
- 911 call man with a man asking about ginger ale. Police were able to track the man down and he accidently called 911 when trying to make a call about natural ginger ale.
- Possible impaired driver in a white Chevrolet crew cab with a skidoo in the back on Kalum St. Checks were done of the area.
- Intoxicated man at McDonald’s causing a disturbance. Police arrested a72 yr old man.
- Group of people causing a disturbance on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with the group.
- A knife was left behind in a taxi. Police seized the knife.
- Assist Kitimat RCMP with an investigation.
- Mischief complaint. A card was shoved into a window frame then lit on fire. No damage.
- A Santa suit was stolen from a blue Toyota Rave sometime during the last week.
- Stolen medication.
- A black Dodge Ram 1500 was dented with an object while it was parked in the 4800 block of Scott Ave.
- Two men attempting to break into a residence with a sledge hammer. Police located the men. They were fixing a fence. Unfounded.
- Intoxicated man at Mills Memorial Hospital. He left prior to police attendance. Checks were done of the area.
- Intoxicated man causing problems in a home. Police spoke with the man and he agreed the Damp Shelter was agreeable to other options. He was transported there.
- Missing 16 yr old boy. He returned to his residence a short time later.
- Intoxicated man passed out inside of a restaurant on Hwy 16 west. A sober person agreed to care for the man.
- Break and enter in progress on Straume Ave. Investigation determined that it was a landlord/tenant issue. Unfounded.
- A woman banging on the door of a residence. She was in breach of a condition of not to attend a location nor contact specific people. Police arrested the 25 yr old woman. She is held for court.
- Intoxicated man passed out on Kalum St. The 28 yr old man was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital due to his level of intoxication.
- False business alarm on Keith Ave.
- Domestic dispute. A man left prior to police attendance. Police spoke with a woman. Under investigation.
- Abandoned 911 call to a residence on Hwy 16 east. Police spoke with a woman and it was deemed false.
- A suspicious vehicle at the fisherman’s park on Hwy 16 west. The vehicle was gone prior to police attendance. The registered owner was contacted. No issues.
- Assist Prince George RCMP with a warrant.
- Child custody concerns. Police spoke with a man and provided advice on the situation.
- False alarm. An insecure residence was checked by police with nothing out of sorts. A very curious cat that monitored the police investigation might have triggered the alarm.
If you have information about a crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.