HERE’S SOME of the incidents that kept police busy during the past 24 hours:
– man being a nuisance at Safeway. Checks were done of area.
– harassment complaint. Advice was given on the matter.
– erratic driver in a black 1995 BMW on Emerson St. / Lazelle Ave. Checks were done of area.
– group of intoxicated people in an alley in behind Lazelle Ave. Checks were done of area.
– two intoxicated people staggering down Greig Ave. Checks were done of area.
– police observed an intoxicated woman on Lakelse Ave. / Kalum St. The 44-year-old woman was arrested for public intoxication.
– familial dispute. Police assisted with a distraught 15-year-old girl.
– theft of moose meat and fish from freezers in a carport on Park Ave. sometime during the night of May 13/14.
– a black leather wallet with a picture of moose on it containing various identification cards was lost between Irly Bird and Safeway.
– a black and purple BMX bike was stolen from the school yard at the Clarence Michiel building of Suwilaawks Community School.
– theft of white and blue Yamaha YZ80 dirt bike from a residence on Olson Ave.
– very young child trying to cross the street at Sparks St. / Lazelle Ave. on a bike. Checks were done of area.
– theft of a 4-year-old’s black Supercycle BMX bike with orange writing and orange handle bars and training wheels from the Tim Horton’s on Keith Ave on May 14 at approximately 2:30 p.m. Surveillance video shows the suspect is an older Caucasian man, beer belly, 6 feet tall, wearing a white ball cap, dark track pants with a white stripe on the side, and a dark jacket.
– neighbour dispute over a fence line.
– a woman found a bag of tools in a parking lot on School St. Police attended to the location and the woman was gone.
– report of an assault. The woman was intoxicated and not giving a clear account of what had happened. She was advised to report the incident when sober.
– false business alarm on Hwy 16.
– noise complaint on Scott Ave. People were warned to keep it down.
– shelter on Hall St. reported that they would not accept an intoxicated man. Police attendance was cancelled. The shelter staff changed their mind.
– harassment complaint. Advice was given.
– intoxicated person on Hwy 16 / Hwy 37. Police located the man near the old bridge and arrested the 41-year-old man for public intoxication.
– false business alarm on Keith Ave.
– theft from an unlocked vehicle on Cottonwood Cr. Stolen were: PING G2 Driver, PING G15-3 Wood, Calloway 5-Wood, 2 Hydrid Clubs #5 and #6, Odysey Putter, Sun Mountain Golf Bag.
– possible gunshots on Mountainview Ave. Checks were done of area.
– a person entered a residence on Parmenter Ave. and left dirty dishes on the counter.
– screaming on River Dr. Checks done of area. Some children were playing in the area.
– unruly passenger refusing to get off the Greyhound bus at the Tempo. The 26-year-old left the area on foot.
– a silver and black truck parked outside of the Uplands Nursery on Park Ave. An occupant of the truck looked around the area with a flashlight then left. Police ensured the buildings in the area were secure. Nothing amiss.
– a vehicle was checked on Gossen Cr. / Hwy 16. An amount of cocaine, marijuana, and cash were seized. A 23-year-old woman and a 30-year-old man were arrested for trafficking.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.