AND HERE are the incidents requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers from 8 am April 17 until 8 am April 18.
– black Ford F-350 doing a smoke show near Mr Mike’s. Checks were done of area.
– man passed out in a vehicle at the Bear Country Inn. Police located and arrested a 53 yr old man who was passed out in the driver’s seat of a running white 2010 Dodge Crewcab truck. He was issued a driving prohibition and the vehicle was towed.
– banging on window heard in the area of Lazelle / Sparks. Checks were done.
– three people lurking in the area of the Bear Country Inn attempted to steal groceries out of the back of a vehicle. Checks were done of area.
– a 1999 Red Ford Winstar driving erratically in a school zone on Walsh Ave.
– motor vehicle incident at Walmart / Irly Bird light. A blue 2007 Dodge Caliber proceeded to turn left into Walmart off the highway and was struck by a black 2001 Volkswagon Passat proceeding East on Hwy 16. Both vehicles had to be towed from the scene. No injuries.
– 14 yr old girl reported missing. She was reported found very shortly after.
– a 44 yr old man was found by police in an extremely intoxicated state under the Skeena Bridge. He was arrested for public intoxication.
– false alarm on Hanson St. Cancelled prior to police attendance.
– police assisted in the apprehension of a 34 yr old woman under the Mental Health Act
– a man reported an assault. Investigation determined the fight was consensual and no injuries were sustained.
– abandoned vehicle on Bristol Rd. The registered owner was contacted.
– drug paraphenalia and a wallet was found and turned in to police. The owner of the wallet was contacted and the drug paraphenalia was destroyed.
– grey SUV speeding at Lakelse Lake. Checks were done of area.
– domestic dispute. A 44 yr old man was arrested for assault. Charges of assault and uttering threats are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
– A person arrested earlier for public intoxication was released from jail and did not claim ownership of various items, and suggested some may be stolen, possible from the Walsh Ave area. A red Supercycle mountain bike, an orange / black flashlight, keys on a red/silver/black fob, crescent wrench, and pliers were left with police.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.