Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 26 calls for service from February 4th, 8 a.m. till February 5th, 8 a.m.
During the same time period, there was one person lodged in Terrace cells for intoxication.
• An intoxicated guest of a hotel refusing to leave when asked by staff. Police woke up two intoxicated men and informed them they had to leave. The room was trashed. Checks determined that the 19-year-old man was on conditions of no consume alcohol. He was arrested for breaching his conditions.
• Intoxicated man inside of McDonald’s. He left prior to police attendance.
• Group of people drinking alcohol in front of the Skeena Mall. Checks were done of the area.
• A man and woman were observed yelling at each other in front of Save On Foods. Police spoke with the people involved. No offence committed. The man and woman agreed to stay away from each other till cooler heads could prevail.
• Fight at McDonald’s. A 15-year-old girl held a 13 -year-old girl while a 12-year-old girl hit her. The 13-year-old suffered minor injuries. Police spoke with the people involved.
• A group of youth and two vehicles possibly involved in drugs. Checks were done of the area.
• Loud music day and night at a neighbour’s residence on Agar Ave. Checks were done and all was quiet. Police gave advice on the matter.
• Warrants were issued for a 15-year-old boy, a 19-year-old man, an 18-year-old man, a 53-year-old man, a 25-year-old woman, and a 35-year-old man. All failed to attend court.
• Assist New Hazelton RCMP with document service.
• A 13-year-old girl punched a 16-year-old girl in the face four times a couple days ago.
• Abandoned vehicle in the parking lot of a business on Kalum St. Checks were done of the vehicle and there were no police issues. Advice was given to the business owner.
• Harassing Facebook postings. Police spoke to the people involved and advice was given that included blocking this person on Facebook.
• False business alarm on Eby St. Police were cancelled prior to attendance.
• Missing 12-year-old girl. Runaway.
• Missing 26-year-old man. Police spoke with the man. He was not missing.
• A man injured himself and requested another man drive him to the hospital. While receiving treatment, the man left with his truck. Police made numerous checks. The man eventually found his own truck via social media.
• The tailgate of a green 2006 Ford F150 was stolen while it was parked at the Northern Motor Inn overnight.
• Missing 18-year-old woman. Police located her. She was not missing. She had to make a detour and was just late.
• A man assaulted two women with a bat. Police spoke with numerous people and have received conflicting versions of events. Under investigation.
• A red 1988 Chevrolet C15 pickup truck collided with a green 2005 Chevrolet Malibu in front of Canadian Tire on Hwy 16. The driver of the Malibu suffered minor injuries. The Malibu sustained major front end damage.
• A silver 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt driving in the Sockeye Creek St. neighbourhood for the past couple days. Checks determined the business as legit.
• Erratic driver in a black Dodge Ram on Hwy 37 near the Water Lilly Bay. Checks were done in the area and the registered owner’s residence.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).
If your information leads to an arrest, you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,000.