The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 77 calls for service from November 14th, 8 AM until November 17th, 8 AM. During the same time period 24 people were lodged in Terrace Cells. 14 of these people were lodged for intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
• A wallet containing various cards and ID was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked on Soucie Ave sometime during the night of Nov 14/15.
• An upset 47 yr old man kicked the door of the Royal Bank on his exit and broke the glass. Under investigation.
• Theft from an unlocked vehicle parked on Lambly Ave during the night of Nov 14/15. Money and cigarettes were stolen.
• A white 2005 Chevrolet Silverado lost control crossing the frosty St. Croix Bridge and hit the ditch ending up on its side. No injuries. The vehicle was towed.
• Domestic dispute. Verbal argument over some change that had disappeared off the end table. Police arrested an intoxicated 35 yr old woman.
• Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart requested police assistance with two men shoplifting. Police arrested a 48 yr old man and seized numerous stolen items and drugs. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. Police also arrested a 34 yr old man who was the accomplice. Under investigation.
• Theft of two duffel bags containing approximately $1000 worth of items stolen from an unlocked white 2012 Chevrolet Silverado parked at the Best Western Inn. The items were tracked via a GPS unit that was in one of the duffel bags to a residence on Olsen Ave. Investigation led police to arresting a 41 yr old man. The items were recovered.
• Police observed two people engaged in a fight on Emerson St. A 22 yr old intoxicated man was arrested for breaching probation. He is held for court.
• Domestic dispute. A man and a woman sustained injuries. A 49 yr old man was arrested. Under investigation.
• A white Pontiac Grand Prix was pulled over on Davis Ave/Kalum St. The 33 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a Roadside Screening Device that resulted in a warn. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition. His driver’s licence was invalid.
• A red 1990 Ford Ranger hit the ditch on Hwy 16 near Usk. No injuries. The vehicle was towed.
• Police observed an intoxicated man in the George Little Park. Checks determined that the man was in breach of a Conditional Sentence Order to abstain from the consumption of alcohol and to obey a curfew. The 37 yr old man was arrested and is held for court.
• A brown 2014 Toyota Venza struck a deer on Hwy 37 south of Krumm Rd. No injuries. Minor damage to the Toyota.
• Breach of a no contact order. Under investigation.
• Theft of alcohol from the Coast Cold Beer and Wine Store. A 38 yr old man and a 47 yr old woman matching the description provided were arrested in the area. The stolen bottle of booze was found in a backpack. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
• Police observed a man known to be on a curfew condition standing outside of the Tim Hortons on Lakelse Ave past his curfew. The 20 yr old man was arrested for breaching his probation and is held for court.
If you have information about a crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.