HERE’S the lowdown from the RCMP for the last 24 hours:
– intoxicated man at the Skeena Liquor Store. Checks were done of area.
– domestic dispute. A woman was hitting a man. Both were intoxicated. They were separated for the
– Wallet lost. A driver drove off with the wallet left on the vehicle after getting gas at a gas station on Hwy 16 West.
– Kiti K’Shan Primary School and a park near the intersection of Molitor St. and Haugland Ave. were vandalized via spray paint. Black and yellow spray paint was used to paint the initials “N.S” all over. Ongoing issue in town.
– false residential alarm on Hamer Ave.
– familial dispute between an estranged couple. Police gave advice on the matter.
– five-year-old child abuse investigation.
– landlord / tenant issues. A rented home on Straume Ave. is not being cared for properly.
– a black 1996 Ford Mustang with BC licence plate # 239RTK is reported stolen from a residence on Hanson St.
– a wallet was found at Copperside and turned into the detachment to be returned to its owner.
– a 16-year-old girl attempting to get into her residence for five hrs and unable to do so. Police were able to locate the guardian to let the girl in the residence.
– report of youths stealing lumber on Yeo St. Police spoke with the manager in charge of the construction. The youths were working for him.
– three men fighting on Scott Ave. Checks were done of area.
– intoxicated man staggering down Goulet Ave. Checks were done of area.
– A man breaking into a white 2001 Chevrolet Blazer outside of the Copper River Motel. The suspect vehicle, a black Chevrolet pickup truck, was located westbound on the frontage road and pulled over. Five men known to police were arrested. A stolen shotgun was located inside of the vehicle. Three men ages 26, 23, and 32 were held for court. Two men ages 44 and 24 were released on promises to appear.
– dirt bikes on Hawthorne Ave. Checks were done of area.
– a yellow quad operated by two 10-year-old boys almost hit a vehicle on Queensway Dr. / Kenworth St. Checks were done of area.
– two Rottweilers entered a neighbour’s yard, attacked her dog, and were close to her child. The owner of the Rottweilers was spoken with.
– a person attempted to go through airport security with a container of mace. Police attended and seized the mace for destruction.
– domestic dispute. Verbal only. The people involved were separated.
– a 2008 Honda TRX 90 CC black quad was stolen at the 3 km mark on Lost Lake Forest Service Road. Children were riding the quad when it broke down. When they went back to get it, the quad was gone.
– single vehicle motor vehicle incident on Hwy 16 East and Clark St. A grey 2006 Pontiac Pursuit was eastbound on Hwy 16 and went off road right into the ditch. The male driver and a passenger fled on foot. A witness detected the smell of liquor emitting from the driver. Damage to vehicle was minimal. Under investigation.
– ongoing issues with neighborhood youths vandalizing property. Identity of youths is unknown.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).