HERE ARE the incidents requiring the presence of RCMP officers for the 48-hour period ending 8 am June 7.
– a 21 yr old man and a 14 yr old girl were reported to be in breach of probation by being together. Checks were done.
– 3 intoxicated men throwing things into a yard on Park Ave. Checks were done of area.
– possible impaired driver in a grey Dodge Neon. She was refused service at the liquor store on Eby St. Checks were done.
– during foot patrols of downtown police detected the smell of marihuana while speaking with a man. Police arrested the 22 yr old man and seized an amount of marihuana from his person.
– criminal harassment by stalking complaint. Police assistance was not wanted.
– a 20 yr old man attempted to pass a fraudulent cheque at Speedy Cash. Under investigation.
– false business alarm on Greig Ave. Cancelled prior to police attendance.
– man passed out at the bus shelter in front of the Skeena Mall. Police arrested a 52 yr old man for public intoxication.
– police assisted the Mental Health and Addictions Clinic with a patient.
– theft from an unlocked red 1999 Suzuki Vita parked on Keefer St
– neighbor dispute at the Rainbow Inn. People involved were spoken with.
– fraud over $5000 investigation
– a woman was upset with another woman for spreading stories about her. Police spoke with the people involved.
– a man in a beige shirt and blue jeans attempted to steal a bike from a 24 yr old man but was unsuccessful.
– 19 yr old woman reported missing from Mills Memorial Hospital. She was located by Kitimat RCMP and returned to hospital.
– woman dressed all in white standing at the end of a driveway on Pear St. Also looked into a residence window. Checks were done of area.
– false 911 call
– a woman attempted to steal a pressure pump from a truck parked at a residence on Loen Ave. A man inside of the residence caught the woman red handed. She left the area.
– a 15 yr old girl ran away from home. Police spoke with the girl.
– sexual assault investigation
– a blue 2001 Chevrolet Sierra pickup truck was pulled over in the Sonbada’s parking lot after it was observed driving at excessive speeds. The 42 yr old driver was issued and notice of driving prohibition.
– a group of 40 yr old men on bikes were following and yelling things at a boy on a bike on Lanfear Hill. Checks were done of area.
– 911 call from Gair Ave. An 11 yr old girl called 911 when her mother was coughing profusely. Police spoke with the people involved and everyone was ok.
– man shouting outside of a residence on Graham Ave. Checks were done.
– two aggressive dogs on Davis Ave. One is all black and the other is white with black circles. Nobody was bit, but concerned because of a school in the area.
– a brown Guess purse with a metal tag was lost containing a black wallet and various ID and cards
– group of loitering youth hanging out on Dobbie St causing mischief. Ongoing problem.
– group of young people playing ball possibly drinking on the field by Thornhill Elementary School. Checks were done.
– domestic dispute. Police attended to the location and nobody was home. A man was located walking a short distance away and was spoken with. Under investigation.
– familial dispute. People involved were spoken with.
– a white 2001 Chevrolet Blazer was pulled over on Mountainview Ave. The 26 yr old driver was issued a notice of driving prohibition.
– man walking in his underpants and socks yelling at people walking down Johnston Dr. Police arrested the 41 yr old man for public intoxication and mischief. He appeared to be under the influence of a drug as well as alcohol.
– an older white 4 door car drove into a driveway on Matson Rd. When the residents exited the house, the car backed up at a high rate of speed and crashed into their green Ford Explorer parked in the driveway. The car then took off. The residents followed the white car and tried blocking them on a road nearby. The car hit the front of the Explorer and fled the area. Checks were done of the area. The next day the white car returned to the address on Matson Rd with five occupants wanting to fight. Police attended and spoke with everyone involved. Under investigation.
– drug information reported
– a green 1995 Ford pick up was heavily damaged in a hit and run that occurred between 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM on June 6 while it was parked at a residence on Kalum Lake Dr.
– a blue 1994 Ford Pickup truck was forced off the road on Hwy 16 near Old Lakelse Lake Dr by a white 1990 Plymouth Acclaim . Police spoke with everyone involved. No injuries. No damage.
– an excavator parked approximately 40 km north of Terrace on the Nass Highway had a Sirius Satellite radio and diesel stolen from it. Other damage was done to the excavator as well.
– report of a bicycle with an engine driving down Hwy 16, concerned about safety. Checks were done.
– familial dispute. Advice was given on matter.
– two 911 calls were made and abandoned. Police located the person who made the calls. He had made the calls in regards to two men fighting on Gitselasu St, but that they were now gone so he did not require police assistance.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.