The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 30 calls for service from September 11th, 8 AM till September 12th, 8 AM. During the same time period nine people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Five of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Three men drinking alcohol in behind Lazelle Ave. Police spoke with the men.
- Man passed out on Lakelse Ave. A 29 yr old man was arrested.
- Assault in front of Marks Work Warehouse. Under investigation.
- Group drinking alcohol in Brolly Square. Police arrested two men ages 38 and 46.
- Group of people drinking alcohol behind the George Little House. A group was spoken with. Alcohol was dumped.
- Abandoned vehicle in a parking lot. The vehicle is not stolen. Civil matter.
- Group of people camping in the bush off of 4500 block of Lazelle Ave. Police spoke with the group. They were mostly sober and trying to stay out of the downtown where they feel not wanted.
- Fight in front of Tim Horton’s on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with two men. Consensual. They went their separate ways.
- An unknown male in dark clothing smashed the window of a business on Emerson St at 3 AM last night. Checks were done of the area.
- Man passed out on Emerson St near the Coast. Police arrested a 41 yr old man.
- Domestic. Breach of undertaking condition of no contact with a person and assault. Police arrested a 35 yr old man. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Assault. Police spoke with the people involved. Further police involvement was not wanted.
- Assault. Difference of opinion on the desired interior temperature of a building led to a push.
- Marihuana was found at the shelter on Hall St and turned over to police.
DXwas spray painted on the wall of a building on Kalum St.
- Harassment complaint. A woman was spoken with.
- Possible gun shot heard in the area of Weber Ave. Checks were done of the area.
- Man refusing to leave Mills Memorial Hospital. Police spoke with the man and he left.
- People heard on the roof of the Terrace Library. Checks were done of the area.
- Break and enter to a residence on Beach St sometime between Sept 9, 8:30 PM and Sept 11, 10 PM. Entry was forced into the home. A laptop computer and jewellery was stolen.
- Suspicious red 1992 Acura Integra parked by the railroad tracks on School St. An amount of marihuana and alcohol was seized from the 18 yr old driver.
- Delusional man seeing people not there. Police spoke with the people involved. Medical condition.
- Man refusing to leave Mills Memorial Hospital. Police transported the 50 yr old man to another location.
- A 62 yr old man attended the detachment and made enquiries. When informed that information could not be provided due to privacy laws the man was belligerent and verbally assaulted staff. Police spoke with the man who choose to leave rather than be arrested for causing a disturbance.
- Three speeding vehicles on Keith Ave. Checks were done.
- A silver Supercycle bike was found in front of a residence on Graham Ave.
- Suspicious vehicle parked overnight on Parmenter Ave. A man was spoken with.
- A man lost control of his motorbike on Cranberry Lane. The passenger’s foot became lodged between the rear wheel and the swing bar. Firefighter assisted in freeing the woman’s leg. She suffered minor injuries.
- Possible gun shots heard. Checks were done of the area.
If you have information about this crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.