The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 41 calls for service from September 18th, 8 AM till September 19th, 8 AM. During the same time period five people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Three of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Uttering threats. Police spoke with the people involved. It was a matter over money owed.
- Report of a breach. The person would not provide further details.
- Group drinking outside of the Post Office on Emerson St. Police spoke with a sober group. They moved on.
- During foot patrol police observed an intoxicated man on Kalum St. The 63 yr old man was arrested.
- BC Ambulance requested police assistance with a man. The 57 yr old man was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Man sleeping in the TD Bank ATM vestibule. Police woke the 51 yr old man up and he moved on.
- A blue 2001 Cadillac was pulled over on Kalum St/Lakelse Ave. An amount of drugs was seized for destruction.
- A person received a phone message. A person is saying help. Checks were conducted on the phone number and it was determined that it was a telemarketer based out of Oregon and it was more likely hello said rather than help.
- Police apprehended a 41 yr old woman under the Mental Health Act.
- Large amount of vehicles parked on the road in front of the Elks Hall. Checks were conducted and all of the vehicles were parked legally.
- Loss Prevention Officer arrested a woman for theft. Police arrested a 48 yr old woman. Under investigation.
- A man attended to the detachment to deal with an outstanding warrant. The 22 yr old man was arrested and is held for court.
- A person refusing to leave a residence on Kalum St. Investigation determined that the man assaulted an occupant in the residence. Police arrested a 24 yr old man. He is held for court. An amount of drugs were seized from the residence.
- A grey 1991 Mazda 626 and a white 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee collided on Hwy 16 west near the Canadian Tire. No injuries.
- Assist Fort Nelson RCMP with document service.
- Abandoned 911 call on Kalum Lake Rd/Hwy 16 west.
- A warrant was issued for a 25 yr old man, a 35 yr old woman, and a 23 yr old man for failing to comply with probation.
- Bear in the McCarthy Motors compound. Police requested the assistance of BC Conservation services who tranquilized the bear and removed it.
- Noise complaint on Coho Pl. Ongoing construction. Police spoke with the people involved.
- Missing 12 yr old and 14 yr old girls. The 14 yr old returned on their own accord a short time later. Police located the mildly intoxicated 12 yr old during the investigation of two females trying door handles in the 4600 block of Scott Ave. She was transported to her residence. The 14 yr old who was also trying door handles was transported to her residence.
- A woman inside of the Copperside on Kalum St hiding from people wanting to beat her up. She left prior to police attendance. A short time later police were called to a residence on Kenney St. The same woman who was inside of Copperside was now causing problems and not wanted at the residence. Police arrested the 17 yr old woman.
- Suicidal 24 yr old man. Police spoke with the man.
- Ongoing banging coming from a residence on Haugland Ave. Police spoke with a man. No issues.
- A towing company discovered that a truck that they had towed was stolen. The registered owner of the truck was contacted.
- Prince George Crown Counsel request assistance with document service.
- False cellular 911 call.
- A green Ford truck with a green canopy backed into a blue Chevrolet Blazer parked at a residence on Old Lakelse Lake Dr and did not stop. No damage.
- Youth hanging out under the covered area of Thornhill Elementary School. Police spoke with the group. No issues. They were sheltered from the rain.
- Tailgating and high beam flashing. Ongoing dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. Different versions of events were received. Gestures, driving incidents, and instigating behavior in this ongoing neighbour dispute.
- Assist Ministry of Children and Families with two investigations.
- Ammunition was turned into the detachment for destruction.
- Intoxicated woman showed up on the doorstep of a residence on Kalum Lake Dr looking for a ride to the Nass Valley. Police arrested an 18 yr old woman.
- A vehicle caught in a landslide on Hwy 16 east of Terrace at the 201km mark. Police attended. It was a small amount of gravel on the road that the vehicle had the misfortune of hitting and causing two flat tires. Police advised highways maintenance of the gravel on the road.
- Cabin on fire across the river from Ksan Ave. Checks were done and a fire was not located.
- A grey Dodge Caravan was pulled over when it was observed parked on Kitselas Rd facing the oncoming traffic. The driver refused to provide a breath sample, started her van, and drove off in reverse until out of sight. Under investigation.
- A blue Toyota was pulled over when it was observed parked on the side of Kitselas Rd. An amount of drugs were seized from the occupants.
If you have information about a crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.