News

More drug bust charges expected

Charges are expected for a second Terrace person in a northwest drug bust that netted eight people with 14 charges.

Clive Douglas Evans, 54, is the lone Terrace person named so far and he faces two charges of trafficking in a controlled substance.

“There's one more (charge approval) with Crown still,” said Sgt. Dave Uppal of the Prince Rupert RCMP Federal Serious and Organized Crime (FSOC) section, adding that the process of getting the information together on this person to give to Crown took a bit longer for police than the others.

“A person in Terrace,” he added, referring to where this remaining person is from.

“The individuals sold product to undercover officers,” he said, adding that these individuals weren't necessarily all working together, but may have been separate people just arrested during the project.

The charges were announced earlier this month by the Prince Rupert RCMP FSOC section after the conclusion of the police investigation into street level drug trafficking activities in Project Eputcher, a multi-jurisdictional investigation including RCMP detachments in Terrace, Prince Rupert, Masset, Queen Charlotte City, Kitimat, Stewart, Hazelton, Smithers and Houston.

From December 2013 to February 2014, the coordinated team seized cocaine, crack cocaine and marijuana, reported police.

Of the eight individuals charged, several have histories of drug convictions in their own communities, said police.

“The project was highly successful and resulted in a significant disruption in illegal drug trafficking activities at the street level in northwestern B.C. communities,” said Uppal.

Four men were charged in Prince Rupert and one person in each of Terrace, Kitimat, Hazelton and Smithers, said police.

The ages of the accused range from 29 to 54.

No other details of the forthcoming possible charges against a Terrace person were available by the end of last week.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Surgical waits average five months in B.C.
 
Low income earners face northwestern B.C. rental challenge
 
Klabona Keepers served permanent injunction
Amrik Virk advised Kwantlen on secret executive bonus
 
Flu vaccine less effective against mutant strain
 
Splashing good time at Penticton pool
Ikea monkey in the market for new home
 
The future of Castlegar
 
What qualifies as essential services? : With the strike of the city of Castlegar’s workers already approaching three weeks, concerns over who is providing essential services,

Community Events, November 2014

Add an Event


Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Nov 26 edition online now. Browse the archives.