- BC Games
Police smash window to stop domestic assault
The Terrace RCMP responded to 19 calls for service from June 19th, 8 AM till June 20th, 8 AM. During the same time period six people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Five of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- A green Jeep Cherokee was pulled over on Lazelle Ave/Kalum St. The 54 yr old driver did not have a valid driver’s licence and had a notice to serve a driving suspension.
- Fraud investigation. A woman attempting to pass a fraudulent cheque. Police determined that the woman befriended a man on Skype and Facebook. The man offered to buy some items from the woman. She sent him the items and he sent her a cheque for more than what the items were worth. He directed the woman to cash the cheque and send the extra money to a friend of his in Nigeria who was stuck there because he lost his wallet. In the end, police determined that the woman was actually the victim of a fraud scam and gave advice on the matter.
- Intoxicated men attempting to use a washroom of a business where they are not wanted. Police spoke with a group of mildly intoxicated people in the area.
- Intoxicated man refusing to leave McDonald’s. Police arrested a 41 yr old man.
- Two people sleeping in an ATM lobby on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with a 38 yr old man and a 38 yr old woman and directed them to a shelter.
- Theft at Canadian Tire. Under investigation.
- A driver’s licence was found. To be returned to its owner.
- Erratic driver in a white truck on Molitor St/Agar Ave. Police spoke with a man.
- A yellow CCM 18 speed mountain bike was found on Dejong Cr.
- Sexual assault. Police determined the incident had already been reported and was being investigated.
- A man attempting to kick in a door of a residence on Greig Ave. Police arrested a 22 yr old man.
- Missing 13 yr old girl. She returned on her own a short time later.
- Two men harassing a woman for food. The woman is trying to leave her place of work on Keith Ave. Police arrested a 24 yr old man attempting to hide in behind a dumpster. A second man was found inside of the dumpster. The 46 yr old man was arrested as well.
- Suspicious noises heard outside of a residence. Police conducted perimeter checks and determined that it was the wind.
- Domestic dispute. Police were locked out of an apartment building and could hear a dispute occurring inside. Police smashed a window to gain entry then shouldered in the door of an apartment. A 32 yr old man was arrested. A woman suffered minor injuries.
- Noise complaint on Davis Ave. Police spoke with a group of people and the party was shut down.
- Man taking pictures of houses in the area of Sparks St. Police spoke with a 47 yr old man.
- Barking dog on Queensway Dr. Police attended with animal control. The homeowner was contacted and attended.
- A woman was heard asking for help on a VHF radio. Police attended to the location and nobody was found. It was determined a little later that a passing motorist helped the woman.
- General assistance to keep the peace.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.