- BC Games
Police respond to Facebook, text harassment complaint
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 70 calls for service from June 16, 8 a.m. till June 18, 8 a.m. During the same time period ten people were lodged in Terrace cells. Five of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- A green 2007 Honda CRV collided with a motorcycle on Lakelse Ave. Minor injuries to the motorcycle operator. The Honda and motorcycle both sustained minor damage.
- Emergency Health Services requests police assistance with man down in Brolly Square. The man was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance.
- False business alarm on Atwood St
- Intoxicated man sleeping at the back door of a business on Park Ave. Police spoke with the man. He was sober.
- Police observed a group of people behind the Skeena Liquor Store and checks were conducted. A 24 yr old intoxicated man was arrested.
- Intoxicated man sitting at the bus stop on Lakelse Ave. Police arrested a 41 yr old man.
- False business alarm on Eby St.
- Fire in an apartment building on Lazelle Ave. An ash tray on a deck caught on fire and was put out with a fire extinguisher.
- The window of a business on Kalum St was smashed out in an attempted break and enter. Entry was not gained due to bars placed in behind the glass.
- A Subaru that was reported stolen was recovered. No damage. It had been abandoned.
- A bag of tools and jumper cables were stolen from the back of a truck parked on Munthe Ave sometime during the night of Wednesday.
- Missing 16 yr old boy. Chronic runaway.
- A black bifold leather wallet with a princess sticker on it containing cash, various cards and ID was lost at Save On Foods on Saturday, June 14th.
- Man sleeping under a tree on Keith Ave. Police spoke with a 60 yr old man who was napping. No offence committed.
- A parked Hyundai Alantra was damaged by a pellet gun while the owner was away.
- Residential fire on Scott Ave. Police and Fire Department attended. The home owners were burning army worms out of brush.
- A grey Ford Ranger weaving in and out of traffic on Hwy 16 west. Police located the vehicle on Ferry Island. No offence committed.
- A woman wanted police to remove her roommate from her residence due to numerous annoying issues. Not a police matter.
- Dog left in a car in the Walmart Parking lot. Checks were done.
- Police arrested an intoxicated man at Mills Memorial Hospital who was brought there by BC Ambulance earlier in the night.
- Boy passed out at Mills Memorial Hospital. Police identified the 15 yr old boy for staff to get a hold of his parents.
- Noisy party on Twedle Ave. Police spoke with the homeowner who had already broken the party up.
- Man passed out in an apartment hallway on Pear St. Police woke the man up and transported him to an alternate location and care of a sober person.
- Man passed out by the new bridge on Hwy 16 near Ferry Island. Police arrested an 18 yr old intoxicated man.
- Suicidal 16 yr old woman. Police spoke with the woman. Unsubstantiated.
- Man chasing a woman through George Little Park. Police conducted checks in the area and observed a man chasing a woman and rip off his shirt and throw it into the air. Police arrested the 33 yr old man. Checks determined that he was in breach of a condition to not consume alcohol. Police arrested the man for breach of undertaking and he is held for court.
- Assault. Police spoke with two men who had suffered minor injuries. Both men were not cooperative with police. Further details were unable to be obtained. BC Ambulance transported a 25 yr old man to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Missing family in a white 1997 Ford Windstar van en route from Terrace to Prince Rupert. The family was located.
- Noise complaint on Pear St. Police spoke with a resident.
- Noise complaint on Haugland Ave. Checks were done.
- Alarm at a business on Hwy 16 west. The building was insecure. Checks were done. The alarm was false.
- A wallet was found at Tim Horton’s and returned to its owner.
- Warrant issued for a 57 yr old man and an 18 yr old man for failing to attend court.
- Sexual assault investigation. A man was arrested. Under investigation.
- Abandoned vehicle in the Home Hardware parking lot. Checks determined that the black Dodge Dart was stolen from Prince Rupert impound lot. Police impounded the vehicle.
- Motor home parked at a baseball park on Cramer St. Police spoke with the owner of the motor home.
- Assist BC Ambulance with a patient transport.
- Intoxicated man near the rail road tracks. Checks were done of the area.
- Deceased 79 yr old man at a restaurant on Hwy 16.
- People refusing to leave the property of NWCC. They left prior to police attendance.
- Police assisted Mills Memorial Hospital with a patient.
- Intoxicated man lying in the middle of Atwood St. Police arrested a 24 yr old man staggering down the street in the area.
- Man looking in cars on Graham Ave. He fled when confronted by a person in the area. Checks were done.
- A Mark Jacobs pink and orange leather purse was stolen at the Northern. Under investigation.
- Abandoned 911 call. Police spoke with an intoxicated man who had suffered minor injuries in a fight. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital. Investigation determined that the fight was consensual.
- Check wellbeing of a 62 yr old woman. She was fine.
- Noise complaint of a business on Hwy 37. Police spoke with the business. No offence committed.
- A suspicious white 1977 Class A GMC motor home parked by a creek on Queensway Dr. Police spoke with the RV owner. No offence committed.
- Breach of a peace bond. Under investigation.
- An IPhone 5S was lost at the Copperside on Hwy 16 east on June 16th between 8 PM and 9 PM.
- A man with a sledge hammer threated to smash it over the heads of a woman and her two children ages 6 and 8. Police arrested the intoxicated 64 yr old man. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Two men attempting to sell an Xbox 360 on Muller Ave. Checks were done of the area.
- Two men pulling a suitcase on Paquette Ave attempting to sell an Xbox 360. Checks were done of the area.
- Abandoned 911 call. A location of the call could not be determined.
- Missing 22 yr old man. He was not missing, he was in jail.
- Harassment complaint via texts and Facebook. Police gave advice.
- BC Ambulance requests police assistance with a patient who had been assaulted. The 19 yr old man suffered minor injuries and was not cooperative. The man was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Keep the peace on Scott Ave.
- DNA warrant executed.
- Impaired driver in a white Ford truck on Ackroyd Rd. Checks were done of the area.
- Two calls of horses on the loose near Oscar Rd. Checks were done of the area.
- Tree over a power line on Hwy 113. BC Hydro was advised.
- Uttering threats investigation. The complainant refused to provide further details.
- Uttering threats. A man was left on the side of the road by his coworkers. Police spoke with the man. He was intoxicated and belligerent and unable to provide a clear version of events. The man continually called 911 to make further complaints of thefts, grievances, etc. Police explained
the proper use of 911.
- Domestic dispute. An intoxicated woman smashed out the window of a residence then left. No assault.
- Aggressive dogs on the loose. The dogs had been put inside prior to police attendance.
- Loud party. Checks were done.
- Nothing to report
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.