- BC Games
Police deal with downtown drunkenness
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 48 calls for service from June 2nd, 8 a.m. till June 3rd, 8 a.m. During the same time period seven people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Three of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Group of homeless people camping with a fire in behind an address on Atwood St. The group dispersed prior to police attendance.
- While on foot patrol police observed an intoxicated man swearing in public and being confrontational on Greig Ave/Emerson St. The man was arrested. Checks determined that the man had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. He was arrested on that as well.
- Police observed a woman stumbling and falling on Lakelse Ave. The 21 yr old woman was arrested.
- Man passed out on a bench at the Tim Horton’s on Lakelse Ave. Police arrested the 41 yr old man.
- Intoxicated people being a nuisance on Greig Ave. Ongoing issue.
- Request to assist Fire Department at the CN Train Station on Greig Ave with a fire. The fire was under control and caused by some work being done with grinder.
- False business alarm on Lazelle Ave.
- Police observed an intoxicated woman walking down Lakelse Ave. The 24 yr old woman was arrested.
- Group of people drinking alcohol near the Coast Inn Cold Beer and Wine Store. Police spoke with the sober group. No alcohol was observed. The group dispersed.
- Girl crying in the Terrace Husky. Police located the 18 yr old girl a short distance away. Matters were discussed and the girl was transported to the care of her parent.
- A red 2007 Toyota Yaris was pulled over on Munroe St near Hwy 16. The 51 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. She was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle she was driving was impounded. She also had an expired driver’s licence.
- Domestic. A man was in breach of a no contact condition. The 54 yr old man was arrested and he is held for court.
- A neighbour taking photos of a woman mowing her lawn. Under investigation.
- Police arrested a 19 yr old man on a warrant out of New Aiyansh. He is held for court.
- Two Huskavarna chainsaws were stolen out of the back of a truck parked on Spark St on June 1st between 7:30 PM and 9 PM. One chainsaw is a model 272. The other is a model 266.
- Domestic dispute. No offence committed. A man and woman were separated till cooler heads cold prevail.
- Drug paraphernalia located in behind a restaurant on Hwy 16. Ongoing issue.
- Domestic dispute. Threats were uttered. Ongoing investigation.
- Two girl’s bikes were stolen from Suwilaawks School last evening. One is a purple Supercycle and the other is a black CCM Mountain Bike with white stripes.
- An employee of a business attended a residence to repossess a laptop that had an outstanding balance. Not a police matter.
- Dogs left in black truck parked at Boston Pizza. Police observed two dogs in the truck which was parked in the shade and had the windows down but no water for the dogs who were panting. Police spoke with the owner of the dogs inside of the restaurant.
- Suicidal 28 yr old woman. Police spoke with the woman. Unsubstantiated.
- Domestic dispute. A man assaulted a woman. The 50 yr old man was arrested. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Man sleeping on a bench in the Medical Building. Police woke the 24 yr old man up who was mostly sober and he left.
- Intoxicated man passed out on the side of the road on the Sande Overpass. BC Ambulance transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital due to his level of intoxication.
- A boy and girl lying on a lawn outside of an apartment on Little Ave. The 15 yr old girl was non-compliant with police direction. She was arrested and released to the care of a parent. The 16 yr old boy followed the direction of the police and left.
- Theft of bike from a shed at the rear of a property on Anderson St. The bike is described as a Kona Shred blue/grey mountain bike.
- A man driving around honking his horn in a beige truck on Loen Ave.
- A purse was stolen from an unlocked white GMC parked on Munthe Ave.
- Group of people drinking and being loud in a yard on Adam St.
- Assist Port McNeill RCMP with document service.
- Numerous abandoned 911 calls. It was undetermined to whom the phone belonged to and where the calls were coming from.
- Assist New Hazelton RCMP with document service.
- A man cashed a cheque for his friend then kept some money for himself for outstanding rent monies. Not a police matter.
- False business alarm on Kirkaldy St.
- Noisy neighbours having a party and a fire. Police spoke with the noisy people.
- Theft of golf cart. Investigation determined the matter to be civil.
- Shots fired. Checks were done of the area.
- Assist Surry RCMP with a DNA order.
- Single vehicle incident on Beam Station Rd/Queensway Dr. The driver suffered injuries and was taken to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance. The vehicle sustained major damage.
- A 1986 Blue Chevrolet truck with a camper on the back lost control, hit the ditch, and flipped onto its side on Queensway Dr near Old Remo Rd. The 50 yr old driver was transported to the detachment where he provided two samples of breath that exceeded the legal limit. The man was also in breach of probation of not to consume alcohol outside of his residence and a no contact order. He was issued a driving suspension and an Administrative Driving Prohibition. Charges of driving while impaired and over the legal limit and breach of probation x 2 are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Erratic driver in a green truck with a canopy on Queensay Dr.
- Hysterical woman asking for Emergency Health Service. Police spoke with the 45 yr old woman and apprehended her under the Mental Health Act. The woman resisted arrest. Paramedics assisted police in getting the woman into the police car to transport her to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Abandoned vehicle on Fern Lane. Police spoke with the registered owner.
- Erratic driver in an orange/burgundy Honda Civic was passing vehicles unsafely and almost caused a head on collision with a vehicle travelling in the oncoming lane. Ongoing investigation.
- Two hikers lost in the bush near Whitebottom area. They made it out on their own a short time later.
- A man sitting in a yellow car blasting music. The vehicle was empty on police arrival and all was quiet.
- Found personal identification. Ongoing efforts to locate the owner.
- Nothing to report
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.