- BC Games
Woman arrested for band office vandalism
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 16 calls for service from October 8th, 8 AM till October 9th, 8 AM. During the same time period there have been two people lodged in Terrace Cells, none for public intoxication.
- A white 2003 Volkswagon Golf collided into a 1985 West dump truck at Walsh Ave/Eby St. The Volkswagon sustained considerable front end damage and was towed. The driver of the Volkswagon was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital via Emergency Health Services for assessment.
- False residential alarm on Thomas St.
- A possible intruder in a home. Police spoke with an intoxicated woman and determined that there was nobody in the residence. Advice was given on the matter.
- An intoxicated woman knocked on the door of a wrong residence on Scott Ave. She became belligerent and violent with the homeowners. Police arrested the 27 yr old woman at a nearby residence. She was the subject of complaint earlier in the evening of vandalism at Kitsumkalum Hall and Band Office. She was violent and belligerent with police. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. A second call was received later in the evening of strangers again knocking on the same wrong door. Police spoke with two men who claimed to be looking for a friend.
- Identity theft. Police spoke with the people involved. It was a misunderstanding that was quickly resolved.
- An older man driving a white Chevrolet Blazer cut in front of another vehicle and slammed on the brakes in an incident of road rage. Checks were done of the area.
- A 20 yr old man turned himself in to the RCMP on a warrant out of North Vancouver. He is held for escort.
- A purple Kidine wallet containing various cards and ID was stolen from a purse at a party on Dobbie St approximately a month ago.
- Hit and run in the Caledonia School parking lot. Under investigation.
- A white 2007 Kenworth semi truck collided into a red 2012 GMC Terrain at Kofoed Dr/Hwy 16. The front end of the GMC was completely sheared off by the trailer of the semi. No injuries. The GMC was towed.
- A second call received of an abandoned vehicle near Kasiks Resort. The vehicle is not abandoned.
- A girl’s purple Next mountain bike was found near the Copper River Bridge on Hwy 16.
- Erratic driver in a white transport truck on Hwy 37 travelling north. Police conducted checks in the area and notified the registered owner.
- Roommate dispute. Police spoke with the people involved and a person agreed to find other accommodations for the night. Further plans were also discussed.
- Harassment complaint involving a 15 yr old boy and a 19 yr old man bothering a worker in the area. Police spoke with the people involved and the matter was resolved.
- A 27 yr old woman vandalized the Kitsumkalum Hall and Band Office. Police attended a residence to speak with the woman. A man at the residence confronted the police officer in a hostile and belligerent manner then spat at the police officer. The woman was located later in the evening on another call and was arrested.
- People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.