- BC Games
Spray painters strike in downtown Terrace
THE Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 21 calls for service from April 9, 8 AM till April 10, 8 AM. During the same time period there were two people lodged in Terrace Cells, one for public intoxication.
- abandoned brown 1997 Ford Taurus sitting in a parking lot. Police contacted the registered owner.
- two boys spray painting the building behind 4718 Lazelle Ave at approximately 12:30 PM. The boys are described as approximately 15 yrs old, First Nations, one was wearing a red hoody and the other a black hoody, both wearing hats and backpacks. The boys fled on foot East towards Park Ave. Checks were done of the area.
- an amount of money was found in behind the Scotiabank and turned into the police.
- a man uttered threats to another man. Police spoke with the people involved.
- false cellular 911 call
- a man punching vehicles and threatening people. The call evolved to two people in the detachment lobby upset with each other. Police spoke with two men and the disagreement was resolved. Windows were not punched as per the initial call.
- intoxicated man passed out in the bathroom of Tim Hortons on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with the 48 yr old man and he went on his way.
- two intoxicated men smashing bottles outside of the Lucky Garden Restaurant. Checks were done of the area.
- elder abuse investigation
- a vacant house has traffic coming and going to it. Police spoke with the property representative of the home who explain the coming and going is due to the house being renovated for resale.
- attempt to assist Prince Rupert RCMP with execution of a warrant
- a man reported that he has had thousands of dollars stolen from him while in the hospital. Under investigation.
- false residential alarm on Cedar Cr.
- domestic disturbance. A 36 yr old man was arrested for breach of a no contact condition
- panhandler at Mills Memorial Hospital refusing to leave. She left prior to police attendance. Checks were done of the area.
- domestic assault. A 21 yr old man fled a residence after punching a pregnant women. He was also in breach of his no contact conditions. Under investigation. The woman suffered minor injuries.
- two intoxicated men near the library. Police spoke with the two men. They were sober.
- a white Cavalier driving fast on Soucie Ave. Ongoing issue. Police spoke with the people involved and a parent is going to deal with the situation.
- two excavators were pray painted while parked overnight on Kenny/Keith at the old mill site.
- a white 2012 Honda Civic was passed by a vehicle on Old Lakelse Lake Dr in a non passing zone. This vehicle threw rocks up at the Civic and caused a small chip in the windshield.
- an intoxicated woman knocking on doors on Simpson Cr looking for a ride. Police located the woman and transported her to an alternate location.
- cancelled residential alarm on Old Lakelse Lake Dr
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.