Woman tries to strangle a dog
THE Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 26 calls for service from March 19, 8 AM till March 20, 8 AM. During the same time period there were eight people lodged in Terrace Cells. Four of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
- passed out man beside the Royal Bank in the Umbrella Park. Police arrested a 48 yr old man for public intoxication.
- group of people hanging around the Royal Bank, one man sleeping inside. Police spoke with the group and they left.
- man passed out in the Bank of Montreal. Police spoke with the 61 yr old man and directed him towards the shelter.
- woman passed out in the Royal Bank. A 22 yr old woman was arrested for public intoxication.
- during patrols police observed a group of people openly drinking alcohol at Lakelse Ave/Emerson St. Police dumped the alcohol.
- intoxicated man near the Mills Memorial Hospital. Police arrested a 49 yr old man for public intoxication.
- a 23 yr old woman AWOL from Mills Memorial Hospital. She returned on her own accord a short time later.
- police assisted Mills Memorial Hospital with a patient.
- false residential alarm on Eby St
- 40 yr old AWOL from Mills Memorial Hospital
- a woman attempted to strangle a dog and then assaulted people when they tried to get her to stop. Police attended and observed a woman wielding a shovel and busting windows. The woman dropped the shovel when police directed her to but continued to punch a woman in the head and face. Police arrested the 20 yr old woman. She became combative and head butted and bit the police officer. Charges of assault peace officer, mischief, and assault are forwarded to Crown Counsel. The woman was held in custody.
- false residential alarm on Hatton St
- 23 yr old woman AWOL from Mills Memorial Hospital. She returned on her own accord a short time later.
- a woman stated a man had her keys and mail. Police spoke with the people involved.
- false residential alarm on Straume Ave.
- intoxicated man banging on the door of a residence asking for a bike. Police conducted checks of the area.
- two intoxicated people on Evergreen St. Police transported a 21 yr old woman to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- intoxicated man in a wheelchair in the middle of Little Ave/Clinton St. A passerby offered to push the man to the shelter.
- intoxicated man staggering into traffic on the Sande Overpass. Police arrested a 42 yr old man for public intoxication
- domestic dispute. A man refusing to let a woman leave. Police transported the woman to alternate lodgings. No offence committed.
- assist Ft. St. James with a warrant
- possible theft of metal near the CN train tracks near the Kalum River Bridge.
a green Chevrolet Cavalier with a possible intoxicated driver. Checks were done of the area.