- BC Games
Man stabbed; woman arrested
THE Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 29 calls for service from February 25, 8 AM till February 26, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 9 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Five of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
- intoxicated man passed out in a wheel chair at the Skeena Mall. Police arrested a 56 yr old man for public intoxication.
- group of people drinking in behind the Royal Bank on Lakelse Ave. Police located a mildly intoxicated group in the area. They were dispersed.
- abandoned red Chevrolet Blazer parked in the Northern Savings Credit Union parking lot for the past few days. Advice was given on the matter.
- shoplifters stole a bottle of alcohol from the Skeena Liquor Store. Under investigation.
- two intoxicated men fighting outside of the Canada Trust on Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of the area.
- fight outside of the Spirit Night Club on Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of area.
- a woman intoxicated on drugs and alcohol threatened a man with a knife. Police spoke with the people involved. They were not cooperative. The 33 yr old woman was arrested for assault.
- familial dispute. Police spoke with the people involved and gave advice on the matter.
- two rifles were found under shrubs in the back of a yard on Kenny St. They had been exposed to elements for a long time and were extremely corroded.
- suicidal 56 yr old man. Numerous enquiries have been made. Ongoing.
- intoxicated 35 yr old man causing problems in a residence was kicked out, now putting him in breach of a no consume / be under the influence of alcohol outside of his residence. Police located the man at the Terrace Aquatic Center and arrested him on an outstanding warrant.
- an uninsured white 1984 Cadillac is driving around on Pear St. Checks were done of the area.
- a man was stabbed with a knife at a residence on Munroe St. Injuries received were non life threatening. Police arrested a 24 year old woman in the residence. The man was treated for his injuries at Mills Memorial Hospital. The 28 year old man was arrested for breaching conditions of no contact with the woman and no consume alcohol. The man also had an outstanding warrant out of Edmonton. Ongoing investigation.
- theft from an unlocked white 2011 Mercedes Sprinter parked on Pear St. A black Frito Lay computer attached to printer inside of a duffel bag was stolen.
- run away 11 year old. Police assisted the parent in attempting to locate the youth. She returned home a short time later.
- intoxicated group in behind a billboard near the area on Park Ave. Police arrested a 24 year old man, 16 year old boy, and a 15 year old girl for public intoxication.
- 14 year old girl did not return home after school. Police were advised by the parent that she did attend school today.
- harassing phone calls. Police attended to a residence and ensured it was safe for a woman to enter.
- suicidal 17 year old girl at Walmart. Police transported the girl to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- 16 year old boy ran away from home.
- familial dispute. Police located an intoxicated woman and an intoxicated man who is on conditions to have no contact with her. The 43 year old man was arrested for breach and is held for court.
- 32 year old man reported missing. A short time later it was reported he had returned.
- assist Kitimat RCMP with a DNA order
- a landlord/tenant dispute. Advice was given on the matter.
- three men drinking alcohol and causing problems at Shames Mountain. Police spoke with the people involved and a solution was agreed upon.
- familial dispute. The people involved were spoken with and advice was given on the matter.
- a number of items that have been left at the Northern Motor Inn were turned into the detachment to be returned to owners.
Rural, Kitsumkalum, Kulspai, Gitaus
- nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).