- BC Games
Charity cash box stolen from Thornhill store
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 82 calls for service from February 22, 8 AM till February 25, 8 AM. During the same time period there have been twenty two people lodged in Terrace Cells. Seventeen of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- A mint green women’s Micargi Pantera 7 speed bike was found in the alley behind the Spirit Night Club.
- Domestic dispute. A woman and man throwing things out of a window. Police attended and could hear a television on inside of the residence but nobody would answer the door. The door was forced open to allow police to check the safety of the people inside. There was nobody in the residence but there was signs of some type of altercation. People were spoken with and finally contact was made with the woman. She was upset that police had forced their way into her residence. The woman was spoken with again in person to ensure her safety.
- A 39 yr old man showed up for his weekend sentence late and intoxicated, again, contrary to his conditions. He was arrested and held for court. Frank Bennett is charged with Unlawfully at Large and Breach of Probation and is remanded till February 25.
- Fight between 11 yr old boys at school. Name calling led to a push which led to a punch in the nose. Police have spoken with the people involved and the school.
- Child luring investigation.
- Police observed a man walking an intoxicated woman home on Keith Ave. The man was on a recognizance with a condition to abstain from contact with the woman. He was arrested for breach. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel. The woman became belligerent and violent, kicking police officers numerous times. She was arrested for public intoxication.
- Domestic dispute. Screaming, items being smashed and thrown around. Police were met at the door by a intoxicated man who had injuries from an assault. The couple had been celebrating the return of their cat. The 31 yr old woman became angry for a list of reasons and assaulted the man. She was arrested for assault. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- 23 yr old woman AWOL from Mills Memorial Hospital. Police observed the woman walking in the area and heading back to the hospital. Shortly thereafter it was confirmed that she returned on her own accord.
- Two vehicles in the ditch east of Slickenside Creek Bridge on Hwy 16. A white 2003 Ford F 150 was eastbound. The driver lost control on ice, the vehicle hit the snow on the side of the road and flipped onto its side. A green 2001 Ford Explorer was east bound on Hwy 16 when he saw the occupants of the Ford on the side of the road. He lost control of his vehicle on the ice and went off road, flipping onto its side as well. No injuries. Both vehicles were towed.
- A man found numerous identity cards laying on the road at the end of Larch Ave. Police contacted the name on the cards. He confirmed that there was a theft from his unlocked white 2007 Toyota Tacoma during the night.
- A employee of Safeway apprehended a woman for shoplifting. She kicked the employee. He had to physically restrain the woman till police arrived. Police arrested the 24 yr old woman for theft and assault. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A charity cash box was stolen from the Thornhill Daily Needs on February 23. The suspect is described as in his 30's, black moustache, tattoo on his right forearm, wearing a black jacket with a hoodie underneath.
- The Baptist Church on Griffith St was break and entered sometime between February 23rd 3 PM and February 24 3 AM.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).