Buick tears through playground zone
THE Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 32 calls for service from February 13, 8 AM till February 14, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 7 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Four of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
- Save On Foods employee arrested a shoplifter. Police turned the 17 yr old boy over to his parent.
- sexual assault investigation
- false business alarm on Lakelse Ave
- disturbance in front of the Skeena Mall. Police arrested a 21 yr old man for breach of his undertaking condition of not to consume alcohol. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Safeway employee arrested a 43 yr old woman for shoplifting and turned her over to police. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- a 43 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication on Lakelse Ave during routine patrols
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested assistance with an AWOL patient. A 23 yr old woman returned on her own a short time later.
- two intoxicated men arrested on Lakelse Ave for public intoxication during routine patrols
- a 61 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication during routine patrols at the George Little Park.
- a fraud investigation concerning the resizing of a ring. The man got the ring back from a business smaller.
- a fight in front of McDonald's on Lakelse Ave
- false 911 call.
- a 32 inch flat screen Samsung TV was stolen from Easy Home on Lakelse Ave.
- 911 call from a cell phone. Checks were done.
- intoxicated group of youth at Christie Park on Sparks St. The group dispersed prior to police attendance.
- assault. A man took offence to his brother's comment and a fight ensued. A 47 yr old man was arrested and released on conditions. Charges of assault are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- well being check on an intoxicated 42 yr old woman
- suicidal 20 yr old man. Police spoke with the man. Unsubstantiated.
- group of youth being noisy on Pear St. Checks were done of area.
- a suspicious looking white Honda Civic in the Tim Hortons parking lot on Keith Ave. Police spoke with the driver who was drinking a Tim Hortons coffee and using their free Wifi while sitting in his vehicle.
- shoplifting from the Copperside on Kalum St.
- BC Ambulance requested police assistance with an intoxicated man. The man had suffered injuries but could not remember from where. The man was not making much sense due to his level of intoxication. Police encouraged the man to call back once sober.
- a white 2008 Buick going 73 km/hr in a 30 km/hr playground zone. When asked why she was going so fast the driver stated that young people like to drive fast. Under investigation.
- abandoned wheel chair by the arena. Police conducted checks.
- a vehicle parked at the end of Brooks St was checked. The smell of marihuana was in the air. The 20 yr old driver and 24 yr old passenger were arrested for possession of marihuana. An amount of drugs and drug paraphernalia were seized.
- assist Smithers RCMP with the service of documents.
- police assisted the Ministry of Children and Families with a check
- a brown leather fold wallet containing various ID and cards was lost possibly in Rosswood or the First Canada Bus Lines.
- domestic dispute. A 49 yr old man found alternate lodging. No offence was committed.
- A woman stopped to give a man a ride. The 40 yr old man jumped on the hood of her vehicle and smashed the windshield.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).