Cocaine found under bush on Terrace, BC street.
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 87 calls for service from February 1, 8 AM till February 4, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 19 people lodged in cells. 13 of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Police were conducting a bar check at George’s Pub on Hwy 16 east. A 46 yr old man was observed in the company two men known to police. This man was on a weekend pass from a federal penitentiary and was in breach of his conditions to not associate with people engaged in criminal activity and/or substance abuse. Police spoke with Correctional Services of Canada. The man’s parole was revoked and he was arrested.
- A green 1998 Ford F-150 parked at the Welcome to Terrace pullout on Hwy 16 East was checked. Open beer was observed in the vehicle. The driver was woken up and provided a sample of breath on a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. The 51 yr old man was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle was impounded.
- An intoxicated woman passed out at Denny’s Restaurant. BC Ambulance transported the woman to Mills Memorial Hospital due to her level of intoxication.
- Theft and vandalism to three vehicles at the Terrace Arena during the night of February 1 / 2. A grey 2004 Dodge SX2 had its front passenger side window smashed out by rocks and the contents went thru. A silver 2002 Mazda Protege had its front passenger side window smashed out by a rock. A cooler containing alcohol beverages and a black backpack were stolen. The empty cooler was located a short distance away. Iphone earphones were stolen from an unlocked brown 2005 Ford F-350.
- Police assisted with traffic control at a rock slide on Hwy 16 between Copper River Rd and Gossen Creek. There was a large amount of rock covering the eastbound lane.
- A small red car was found in a wooded area in behind the Evergreen Trailer Park. Police determined that the vehicle had been stolen out of Terrace in November. The ignition had been punched out and the radio stripped. The registered owner was contacted. The vehicle was towed.
- A black Honda Civic speeding on Loen Ave. The registered owner of the vehicle heard his name on his police scanner and immediately called police to advised that he was not speeding.
- Employee at Safeway arrested a 55 yr old man for shoplifting. He is banned from the store.
- Break and enter to a residence on Davis Ave between noon and 6 PM on February 2.
- Theft from the Skeena Liquor Store involving a man and woman. A 32 yr old man was arrested for theft a short distance away passed out on the sidewalk on Lakelse Ave. Information was received naming three people on Greig Ave talking about the bottle they had just stolen from the liquor store. Another call was received of a fight involving the same people on Haugland Ave/Eby St. Police arrested a 33 yr old woman for assault. This woman resembled the woman involved in the theft at the Skeena Liquor Store. Ongoing investigation.
- A white 2012 Chevrolet Silverado was pulled over for going 77 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone. The 20 yr old driver provided a sample of breath on a roadside screening device that resulted in a fail. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- During patrol police observed a man acting suspiciously in front of Mr Mike’s on Lakelse Ave. He was rummaging under a bush. Police found a buried container containing an amount of cocaine packaged for distribution. The man provided a false name to police. A large knife and money was seized from his person incidental to arrest. A cell phone the man deliberately broke was also seized. Under investigation.
- A white UHaul with an Arizona plate was checked on Queensway Dr. The 24 yr old driver was a prohibited driver. The vehicle he was driving was towed. Charges of driving while prohibited are being forward.
- A grey 2002 GMC Envoy was checked on Queensway Dr. The 39 yr old driver was served a driving prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A red 1998 Dodge Stratus was pulled over for speeding. The 17 yr old driver had been issued a driving prohibition two nights prior. Charges of driving while prohibited are being forwarded. The vehicle she was driving was impounded.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).