- 2015 Federal Election
Be careful while online, RCMP advise
New Hazelton RCMP responded to a total of 83 calls during the week of Jan. 24 to Jan. 30, 2013.
* January 26, while on routine patrol on the Kispiox Valley Rd, an oncoming vehicle swerved across the centre line into the path of an oncoming police vehicle. The driver was stopped and found to be impaired by alcohol. The vehicle was impounded for 30 days and the driver fined and prohibited from driving for 90 days.
* January 26, several snowmobiles were reportedly driving along a road in south Hazelton. They departed before police arrival.
* January 27, a residence on Dahmlakamat avenue in Gitsegukla was the target of a break and enter. Several items were stolen and minor damage was sustained to the residence.
* January 27, police received a complaint of a suicidal subject in Gitsegukla. The subject was located and taken to the Hospital for assessment and treatment.
* January 27, a male in Hagwilget was arrested on outstanding charges and was found to be breaching his release conditions. After a brief struggle with police, he was taken into custody.
Tip of the week - Exercise caution in what personal information you decide to release online. Photos taken with an iphone contain 'geotags' that reveal where the photo was taken. This can often inadvertedly reveal where you live or work and be of assistance to identity thieves.