- 2015 Federal Election
Police tuck man in to keep him from falling out of bed
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 29 calls for service from January 29, 8 AM till January 30, 8 AM. During the same time period there were two people lodged in Terrace Cells, both for public intoxication.
- break and enter to the Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Store on Lazelle Ave.
- abandoned 911 call. Police conducted checks of the area the call was placed from and nobody was observed in need of help.
- a red and black LG cell phone was found in the alley behind the Happy Gang Center.
- a Black Ford Escape, a black Pontiac Vibe, a green Dodge Caravan, a silver Toyota matrix, and a taxi cab were all involved in a five vehicle collision at Lakelse Ave and Apsley St. The Toyota failed to stop. No injuries. Under investigation.
- two vehicle collision on Lakelse Ave. A pedestrian walked out on the crosswalk unexpectedly. A 1994 Dodge Caravan managed to stop in time to avoid the pedestrian. A yellow 2002 Pontiac car following the Dodge was unable to stop and rear ended the Dodge. No injuries. The pedestrian took off.
- a man acting suspiciously near the Bear Country Inn. Checks were done of the area.
- breach of probation investigation. A 42 yr old woman failed to report to adult probation as directed.
- speeding vehicles on Dairy Ave. Ongoing issue.
- fraud. A man received a phone call from an unknown person representing an unknown company from an unknown telephone number stating that they had received complaints about viruses on his computer and that they would fix the problem remotely if he would give them his credit card number. The 67 yr old man had to cancel his credit card when he fell for this scheme.
- a green 2003 Ford Focus turned left from Tetrault St onto Keith Ave westbound and collided into a grey 2009 Honda Civic. No injuries and both vehicles sustained minor damage.
- domestic disturbance. Police spoke with a man and woman. Complaint unfounded.
- a black Chevrolet Silverado heading north on Lanfear Hill struck mirrors with a southbound truck. This southbound truck was over the center line and failed to stop.
- 911 call. An intoxicated 51 yr old woman wanted police to remove an intoxicated 54 yr old man. The 54 yr old man was attempting to go to sleep but kept falling out of the bed. Police tucked the man in and placed pillows around him to prevent the recurring frustration of falling off the bed.
- a man knocking on the door of a residence on Park Ave wanting to use the phone. Checks were done of the area.
- 15 yr old boy reported missing
- man passed out on Park Ave. Police arrested a 42 yr old man for public intoxication.
- intoxicated man walking in and out of yards on Eby St near McConnell Ave. Police arrested a 21 yr old man for public intoxication.
- a woman interrupted a man attempting to steal the tires off a government vehicle parked in a parking lot on Kalum St. The man had brought blocks of wood and had jacked up the vehicle and removed two tires prior to being caught. The man was wearing a black checkered jacket and left on foot toward the rear of the Northern Health Building. Checks were done of area.
- a man in a black truck with a white canopy is harassing a 17 yr old girl.
- assist Prince Rupert RCMP with the execution of a warrant.
- neighborhood dispute over ongoing partying. Police spoke with the people involved.
- neighborhood dispute. A neighbor wants another neighbor to stop annoying her and submitted an eight page document of said grievances.
- 12 yr old girl failed to return home. Ongoing issue. Police observed the girl walking in town and ascertained that she was safe. She returned home a short time later.
- a Pontiac G6 was turning onto Highway 37 from Krumm Ave and slipped into the ditch nose first. The vehicle was towed out of the ditch. No injuries.
- possible breach of a no contact condition. Under investigation.
- drug activity reported.
- a butterfly knife was seized by Airport Security from a 49 yr old man. Police seized the knife for destruction.
- Walmart turned over to the police for destruction a box of 20 gauge shotgun shells that were returned.
- a grey 2006 Toyota Tacoma went up in flames while it was parked on Skeena St at 11 PM. The Terrace Forensic Identification Section are assisting with the investigation.
Kitsumkalum, Kulspai, Gitaus
- nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).