Teen damages hospital bed
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 84 calls for service from January 25, 8 AM till January 28, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 20 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Twelve of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls that were responded to:
• A 40 yr old man attempted to activate a stolen Iphone 3 at the Source. He claimed to have purchased the phone from a 32 yr old woman. Under investigation.
• Intoxicated man inside of the Copperside on Kalum St with blood on him. Police spoke with the man who said that he had been involved in a fight earlier in the evening.
• Parents requested police assistance with their 13 yr old son who was out of control and breaking things inside of their residence. The boy would not cooperate with police. He was arrested for mischief. Police spoke with the boy once he had calmed down. He was upset because he couldn’t go to basketball.
• Safeway employees attempted to apprehend a 27 yr old man for shoplifting. The man returned the item and then fled. The man is known to staff and he is banned from the store.
• Erratic driver in a white Pontiac car, stopped abruptly on Hwy 16 near Walmart and threw a dog out onto the street, then continued on its way towards Thornhill.
• A woman reported her 28 yr old daughter overdue traveling from Terrace to Burns Lake by bus. Police found the woman at her residence. She had changed her mind about traveling but did not tell anybody of her change of plans. She was intoxicated.
• Man passed out in the washroom of Tim Hortons on Lakelse Ave. The 40 yr old intoxicated man was leaning against a wall in the washroom with no ability to pull his pants back up. Police arrested him for public intoxication.
• Intoxicated man knocking on doors of the Bear Country Inn looking for a friend. Police spoke with the 51 yr old man. He did not know which room his friend was in so thought it was a good idea to knock on every door looking for him, at 1 AM. Police arrested him for causing a disturbance.
• Dog barking on Straume Ave. Police spoke with the owner of the dog. He disconnected some motion lights that were going on and off and the dog ceased to bark.
• Two people passed out under the Hwy 16 bridge near Walmart. Police located a 14 yr old girl and a 21 yr old man cuddled up close sleeping. The man was arrested for breaching a no contact condition.
The 14 yr old girl was highly intoxicated and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment. She was also arrested for numerous counts of breach of probation and a breach of a supervision order. Charges on booth are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
• Misty River Tackle Shop was victim of an attempted break and enter. Under investigation.
• A 13 yr old girl reported missing. Chronic runaway. Police located the girl but she was not cooperative with police. The girl called 911 repeatedly and inappropriately. Police apprehended the girl under the Mental Health Act after she threatened to commit suicide.The girl was carrying a heavy piece of chain that was seized by police. Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance to remove the bed and then the mattress from the room because the girl was destroying them. The girl punched, kicked, and attempted to bite police during the removal of these items.
•A grey 1990 Ford Mustang was pulled over for going 146 km/hr in a 90km/hr zone. The 19 yr old driver was issued a violation ticket and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• Three lockers were gone through by a thief at the Terrace Aquatic Center. Vehicle keys were stolen from one locker. A wallet was stolen from another locker but it was found near the vending machines.
• A grey 1992 Chevrolet Beretta was pulled over for motor vehicle infractions on Clark St. Police smelt marihuana. The 27 yr old driver and the 18 yr old passenger were arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
An amount of drugs and drug paraphernalia were seized. The vehicle was towed. Charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
• Domestic assault. A 28 yr old man assaulted a woman then threatened her with a weapon. The man was also in breach of a no contact condition with the woman and a no consume alcohol condition. Under investigation.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).