- 2015 Federal Election
Truck tires slashed
HERE ARE the incidents that occurred in the city in the past 24 hours that police were called for:
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 26 calls for service from January 23, 8 a.m. till January 24, 8 a.m. During the same time period, there were three people lodged in Terrace Cells. One person was lodged for public intoxication.
- blue 12 speed Kona mountain bike with a rusted bottom and torn handle grips was stolen from outside of McDonald’s at 11 p.m. last night.
- police observed a man swaying from side to side on Lakelse Ave. The 48-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication. A check belonging to another person was found on his person and seized to be returned to its owner.
- police observed two men in the early hours of the morning peeking through business windows. Police conducted checks on the men and arrested a 27-year-old on an outstanding warrant.
- domestic dispute.
- assist Prince Rupert RCMP with a sexual assault investigation
- possible fight at the library involving a 29-year-old woman and a 22-year-old woman. Police conducted checks. Unsubstantiated.
- damage to the roof of a brand new Toyota Tundra at a dealership on Hwy 16.
- suspicious man walking on Hwy 16 near the 5500 block. Police conducted checks on the man and seized some open alcohol.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a 37-year-old woman for theft. Police attended and assisted the officer.
- a dog in the back of a pickup truck at Denny’s barked at a person. The vehicle had departed the location and no further description was provided for police to follow up on.
- missing 14-year-old girl. Also in breach of a court ordered curfew. She returned on her own a short time later.
- a red 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt was checked by police. The 34-year-old driver was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- a young girl was observed running from a vacant building on Kalum St.
- domestic dispute. A woman was punched in the head.
- two intoxicated women inside of the abandoned Shell Station.
- abandoned 911 call. Police located a woman who had sustained an injury to her throat. A 42-year-old man has been arrested for assault with a weapon.
- a man reporting traffic issues. Unsubstantiated.
- break and enter to a business on Old Lakelse Lake Dr overnight.
- three people yelling and kicking things near the Thornhill Fire Department. Checks were done of the area.
- barking dog on King Ave. Police spoke with the owner of the dog. The dog’s leash had become entangled in a fence. Once this situation was resolved the dog ceased to bark.
- disturbance on Clark St. People arguing. Checks were done of a residence and everyone was fine.
- a woman was detained for shoplifting at the Thornhill Daily Needs.
- the tires of a Ford Ranger pickup were slashed while it was parked at a residence on Larch Ave.
- intoxicated man hollering. He left prior to police attendance.
- information received on illegal activity
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).