- 2015 Federal Election
Police deal with four suicidal people
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 23 calls for service from January 22, 8 AM till January 23, 8 AM. During the same time period there was one person lodged for public intoxication.
* suicidal 16 yr old boy. Police spoke with the boy.
* noise complaint. Group of people yelling and throwing things around. Police spoke with the people involved.
* police gave advice on an ongoing theft issue
* a woman wanted a man placed on conditions to have no contact with their two children. The woman is pursuing sole custody. Police gave advice on this civil matter.
* a parked truck obstructing traffic. Police observed the white truck parked on the side of Eby St and that it was not obstructing traffic.
* a gold coloured woven ring was found in the 5100 block of Halliwell on January 12 and turned into the detachment.
* a person thought he smelt marihuana emitting from a white Chevrolet on Thomas St. Checks were done of area.
* a red Jeep Cherokee swerving on Keith Ave/Sparks St. Police located the vehicle and spoke with the driver.
* false business alarm on Legion Ave.
* suicidal 48 yr old man. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital via BC Ambulance.
* a woman acting in an irrational manner by Rona. She was barefoot and highly agitated. Police arrested the 20 yr old woman for public intoxication.
* assist Kitimat RCMP with an assault investigation
* a green 1993 Ford Escort was stopped on Halliwell Ave for going 101 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone. The 41 yr old driver was issued numerous violation tickets and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
* A person was concerned for a man's well being when he was observed walking into the wooded area near the Sande Overpass. Police located a 48 yr old man matching the description in Mills Memorial Hospital. He was intoxicated and fine.
* a white Volkswagon Golf was observed by police parked in the Kiti K'Shan parking lot. The smell of marihuana was detected. The driver was arrested for possession of a controlled substance. An amount of drugs and drug paraphernalia was seized. The 20 yr old driver was issued a driving suspension.
* intoxicated woman knocking on the door of a residence on Paquette Ave. Police attended. The property was gated and police were unable to gain access. The man would not answer his phone when police attempted to contact him. Shortly after it was reported the woman had left and may be near Petro. Checks were done of area.
* suicidal 38 yr old man. Ongoing investigation.
* a man known to police to be on a no consume alcohol condition was observed by police drinking a beer while sitting on the baseball bleachers near Legion Ave. Police arrested the 39 yr old man for breach. He is held for court.
* breach of a no contact condition investigation.
* suicidal 19 yr old man. Police transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment. Police then took the man back home.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).