- 2015 Federal Election
Vehicle stolen from Terrace Aquatic Center
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 91 calls for service from November 23, 8 AM till November 26, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 17 people lodged in Terrace Cells. 15 of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- A person found a front bumper outside of a residence on Kenny St. Police were able to determine the owner of the bumper via the licence plate and returned it to its owner. The bumper was lost the previous night and the owner was unsure what had apprehended to it.
- Fraud investigation. Access to bank accounts was given to a house sitter on agreement that the bills would be taken care of while the people were away. They returned home to discover a significant amount of money had be taken out of their account. These people also had a significant amount of money charged to a credit card. Both of these incidents are under investigation.
- A teal green wallet with a zipper and flowers was lost containing various cards, BC ID, and cash possibly on Park Ave.
- A Dodge Caravan went off road on Hwy 16 just east of Oliver Creek. The occupants, a 33 yr old man and a 35 yr old man, were taken to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment. Both were intoxicated and did not hold a valid driver’s licence. Neither were cooperative with police.
- A purse was found between Emerson St and Lazelle Ave. Police have attempted to contact the owner but all phone numbers are not in service. Police attended the last known address and left contact information.
- An intoxicated man lying on the ground in an alleyway behind Greig Ave. He was arrested for pubic intoxication. He fell when attempting to use the washroom and injured himself. BC Ambulance transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital for treatment of injuries.
- Missing 70 yr old man, since November 24. He was en route to Dease Lake from Terrace.
- Police apprehended a 12 yr old girl under the Mental Health Act. She had a knife hidden up her sleeve that she said she was going to use to stab the police officer with.
- Mills Memorial Hospital reported a 22 yr old patient AWOL. Ongoing almost daily occurrence. She returned on her own a short time later.
- A red 1992 Toyota Corolla was checked during a road block on the north side of the old bridge. The 17 yr old driver was issued a driving suspension for being impaired by drug.
- Sexual assault investigation. A man broke into a residence and attempted to sexual assault a woman. He is known to the woman.
- A grey 1995 Ford Windstar was checked during a roadblock on the Thornhill Frontage Rd. The van almost struck a police officer when it pulled up and failed to stop. The 32 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. She was issued an immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- A grey 2008 Chevrolet Silverado was checked during a roadblock on Thornhill Frontage Rd. The 31 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. She was given an immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- Domestic dispute. A man choked and assaulted a woman then fled. Police located the 35 yr old man while en route to the residence and arrested him for assault. He is held for court. Charges of assault, breach of recognizance, and uttering threats are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Three men and one woman were refusing to leave the main entrance of the aquatic center. They were also threatening to assault the lifeguard. The group left prior to police attendance. Police located a group matching the description and spoke with them.
- Theft of a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 from Terrace Aquatic Center. Pants, truck keys, and wallet with various cards and ID were stolen from a locker while the person was swimming. The truck is described as an older model with a sled rack in the back, a short box, rear tinted windows, chrome rocking boards, chrome bug deflector on the hood, and black rimmed winter tires. Under investigation.
- A jacket, shoes, and an IPOD were stolen from a locker at the Terrace Aquatic Center.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).