- BC Games
Vehicle runs over shovel fallen from truck
HERE'S SOME of the events that police have been called for in the last 24 hours:
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 25 calls for service from November 20, 8 a.m. till November 21, 8 a.m. During the same time period, there was one person lodged in Terrace Cells, none for public intoxication.
- an employee of Safeway arrested a person for shoplifting. Police arrested a 44-year-old man for theft. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- intoxicated woman wearing a white jacket and black pants on Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of area.
- false residential alarm on Park Ave.
- false residential alarm on Gordon Dr.
- uttering threats investigation. Ministry of Children and Families are assisting police with the investigation. Three children were apprehended.
- false business alarm on Lazelle Ave.
- a 13-year-old girl being harassed at school. Police involvement is not wanted at this time.
- marital separation. Police gave advice on the matter.
- a person reported that the person that is house sitting their house may have had a couple people try to get into the residence. Under investigation.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with an AWOL patient. The 22-year-old woman returned on her own accord. Ongoing daily occurrence.
- a woman sitting near the road. Police ensured the woman was okay.
- domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. An intoxicated man was transported to alternate lodging for the night. No offence occurred.
- a woman heard her dog barking so opened her back door to take a look. A man wearing black pants and work boots was standing at the back door, unknown to the woman. Checks were done of the area.
- a computer was found in a yard on Olson Ave. Police determined that this computer was stolen from a green 2001 Toyota Tundra parked on Olson. It was returned to its owner.
- a man was observed to be loading several bikes into a shopping cart in the parking lot of the Soup Kitchen on Sparks St. Police located the 35-year-old man and arrested him for theft. The bikes were returned to their rightful spot.
- man in a hospital gown in a wheel chair on Lazelle Ave.
- deceased 36-year-old woman on Queensway Dr.
- a 12-year-old girl was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- an intoxicated 46-year-old man at a residence. He is on conditions to not be at the residence when intoxicated. He left prior to police attendance.
- theft of various ID from a communal room at a camp.
- a truck lost a shovel on Hwy 16 approximately 50 km east of Terrace. A person following ran over it. No damage. The company owner of the truck was spoken with.
- false residential alarm on Highland Dr.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).