- BC Games
Hoodie-clad men attempt vehicle break in
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 25 calls for service from November 19, 8 AM till November 20, 8 AM. During the same time period there were three people lodged in Terrace Cells. One of these was for public intoxication.
- hit and run in the parking lot of the Bear Country Inn. A person witnessed a white 2004 Chevrolet van hit a parked blue 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier then drive off. Checks were done of area.
- three intoxicated men hanging around the Spirit Nigh Club. Checks were done of area.
- police observed an intoxicated man on the steps of the Best Western. He was arrested for public intoxication. He was transferred to Mills Memorial Hospital via BC Ambulance.
- a man passed out by the doors of the emergency room of Mills Memorial Hospital. The man was treated for an injury and then arrested by police for breaching conditions of a Recognizance of Bail by being intoxicated. The 25 yr old man is held for court.
- two men wearing black hoodies trying to get into a brown 2001 Dodge parked on Straume Ave. The men ran off towards Hamer Ave. A second call was received that two men were crossing lawns on McRae St. Police located two men ages 20 and 18 yrs of age matching the descriptions provided and arrested them for theft. Under investigation.
- unlicenced driver in the Rona parking lot in a white Chevy pickup truck. Police located the truck. The 41 yr old driver was issued a driving prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- a roommate stated she would damage property after she was served an eviction notice. Police spoke with the people involved.
- theft from an unlocked Jeep Wrangler parked on Davis Ave. A 64 gb IPOD was stolen.
- a distraught man was observed on the East bridge on Hwy 16. Police located the 23 yr old man and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- disturbance in an apartment. Police spoke with the people involved. A man had left for the night. No offence occurred.
- suicidal 37 yr old woman. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- two men fighting on Kalum St/Loen Ave. Checks were done of area.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requesting police assistance with two AWOL patients. The 22 yr old woman and the 21 yr old man returned on their own accord.
- a man had a laser pointer shined into his eyes, temporarily blinding him, when he was driving on Keith Ave. The suspect vehicle is described as a blue 2012 Buick LeSabre.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance. BC Ambulance was bringing a 63 yr old man to his residence but it was locked and there was no key. Police attended to the residence. Entry was eventually gained thru a window. Due to a number of factors police determined that the place was not habitable. BC Ambulance and the Terrace Fire Department liaised with police. BC Ambulance took the man back to the hospital.
- neighborhood dispute over the usage of a roadway on Laurel St. Police spoke with the people involved and gave advice on the matter. Ongoing issue.
- well being check requested. A person has not heard from a person in three months. Police determined that he was fine.
- a red Toyota Corolla parked on the side of Kitselas Rd near Sparks St was checked. An amount of drugs and drug paraphernalia was seized. The 17 yr old driver was issued a driving suspension.
Kitsumkalum, Gitaus, Kulspai
- nothing to report
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).