- BC Games
Man arrested for being in store
HERE'S SOME of the incidents that police were called out for in the last 24 hours:
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 19 calls for service from November 15, 8 a.m. till November 16, 8 a.m. During the same time period, there were two people lodged in Terrace Cells. Nobody was lodged in cells for public intoxication.
- a member on duty was inside of the Terrace Safeway when he was informed by staff that the man standing in front of him was on probation conditions stemming from an assault on a store employee to not be in the store. Police arrested the 52-year-old man. Charges of breach of probation are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- a person bothering people outside of the Safeway. Police spoke with the 48-year-old man.
- group of intoxicated persons on Emerson St. Checks were done of area.
- a five-year-old boy dialed 911. Police spoke with him about the proper use of 911.
- motor vehicle incident on the Sande Overpass/Hwy 16. No injuries.
- theft from an unlocked black 2012 Ford F150 parked on Hamer St. A knife stolen from the vehicle was found on the 14-year-old boy that is being investigated in a series of theft from cars and an assault with a knife.
- a female being beaten up at the Library Park. Checks were done of area.
- theft from an unlocked 2002 Honda Civic parked on Lazelle Ave. A black faux leather purse containing cash and various cards was stolen.
- a man was punched by several men who fled on Kalum St. Police spoke with the 38-year-old man who was punched. He suffered minor injuries. He was uncooperative with police.
- a woman heard voices in her driveway and thought the persons went to the back of her house on Agar Ave. Police did checks of the area.
- an abandoned black Triumph Challenger mountain bike outside of Denny’s. Bike was not reported as stolen and had no value.
- a black and pink Fox Racing wallet containing cash, various ID and cards was lost.
- harassment complaint. Police gave advice on the matter.
- a person living in a Winnebago parked on a property on Pedersen Rd. was asked to leave. The 44-year-old woman refused to leave. Advice was given on the matter.
- false residential alarm on Muller Ave.
- police assisted BC Ambulance with a patient.
- suspicious people living in a motor home at the end of Pedersen Rd.
- possible impaired in a white early 90's Ford Explorer on Whitebottom FSR.
- a black LG smart phone was found at the ball park on Molitor/Agar and turned into the detachment.
- sexual assault investigation
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).