- 2015 Federal Election
Bear spotted near Soucie Ave.
THE TERRACE RCMP have responded to approximately 18 calls for service from November 14, 8 a.m. till November 15, 8 a.m. During the same time period, there were six people lodged in Terrace Cells. Five of these were for public intoxication.
- intoxicated person on the bus at Lakelse Ave. A 45-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication.
- a woman caught on camera shoplifting at the Terrace Liquor Store. Under investigation.
- a street person loitering in the parking lot on Lakelse Ave. and bothering customers. He left on his own accord prior to police attendance.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with the apprehension of a 58-year-old man. Police apprehended him and took him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with the apprehension of a 22-year-old woman that was AWOL. She returned on her own a short time later.
- a person sits in a car and plays the music so loud it shakes pictures on the walls of the neighbour’s house on Loen Ave. Police spoke with the people involved.
- a woman trying to kick a man out of a residence. Police attended to the residence and observed a man and woman. The man is on conditions to have no contact with the woman. The 45-year-old man was arrested for breaching his conditions.
- bear in the area of Soucie Ave. Police noted that negligently left garbage and fruit trees unattended in the area were likely the source of the bear’s interest.
- Fraud attempt. A person attended to a unit and presented a computer to an elderly person then requested a pin code for his credit card. This person then left. The spouse returned home and was told of the incident.. The spouse cancelled the credit card.
- erratic driver in a black 2009 Dodge Avenger. Police spoke with the registered owner of the vehicle.
- false panic alarm at a business on Park Ave.
- repeated thefts from a residence on Weber Ave. Under investigation.
- two men and one woman rolling joints behind the medical clinic. The man was wearing a black hoodie, the other man a white hoodie, and the woman was in a black, teal, and pink jacket.
- the Evergreen Inn requesting police assistance in removal of tenants no longer welcome due to intoxication and throwing things around. Police arrested four men for public intoxication.
- a man reported that his medication was stolen from a friend. The circumstances surrounding this report were suspicious.
- minor motor vehicle incident that occurred on Nisga’a Hwy on Sunday November 11. No injuries.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).