Hwy 37 accidents result in injuries
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 18 calls for service from October 29th, 6:30 AM, till October 30th, 8 AM. During the same time period 4 people were lodged in Terrace Cells. Two of these were for public intoxication.
- two men standing at a drive up window of a business on Lazelle Ave. Checks were done of the business and area.
- a woman told her boyfriend on the phone that she heard an explosion in her basement and then they lost contact with each other. Boyfriend was requesting a well being check. Prior to police attendance it was determined that she was fine. The explosion was caused by furnace trouble.
- group of boys throwing snowballs at passing motorists on Kalum St. A boy wearing a green jacket with a black stripe hit a car. No damage. Checks were done of area.
- vandalism. Motor oil was dumped on the front seat of an unlocked Mazda parked on Lazelle Ave
- a blue Ford Windstar blocking traffic in the intersection of Atwood St and Park Ave. A request for a tow had already been made but the towing company was backed up with calls.
- a man in a white truck driving erratically in the parking lot of Chances Casino. Checks were done of area.
- ongoing issue of partying and noise on Park Ave. Advice was given on the matter.
- noisy party on Park Ave has spilled out of the unit and people are fighting. Police arrested two men ages 26 and 30 yrs.
- a man threatened another man to beat him up at the end of his shift. Police did checks of the area and then returned at the end of the man’s shift to ensure his safety.
- gunshots near Pear St. It was fireworks.
- false alarm on Blakeburn St
- drug activity was reported
- single vehicle rollover on Airport Hill, Hwy 37. The 27 yr old driver suffered minor injuries. The silver 2013 Dodge Ram truck was towed.
- motor vehicle collision on Hwy 37. Police observed tracks heading into the ditch so stopped to check. The driver of the crashed truck was okay. When the police vehicle was attempting to clear the area, it was struck from behind by a silver 2011 Chrysler Intrepid. The Chrysler ended up on its side in a small creek in the ditch. The driver suffered minor injuries and was transported via BC Ambulance to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- single vehicle rollover on Hwy 37 at approximately 42 km south. A red 1998 Jeep Cherokee lost control in a curve, hit the ditch, and rolled. The 31 yr old driver was uninjured. The vehicle
sustained major damage.
- found silver LG slide cell phone.
- theft of an LG notebook. Person lent it out and the other person won’t return it. Civil matter.
- a 20 yr old family member stole money, moved out, and left behind his belongings which included an amount of marihuana
- suicidal man wanting to jump into the river.
- black pickup driving in an erratic manner. Police spoke with the person.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).