Woman reports Facebook bully
THE TERRACE RCMP responded to approximately 28 calls for service from October 24, 8 a.m. until October 25, 8 a.m. During the same time period, four people were lodged in Terrace cells. Two of these were for public intoxication.
- a grey Norco Pinnacle 6 speed bike was stolen from the Medical Clinic on Lakelse Ave. It was locked up.
- a man walking into traffic on Kalum St. / Lazelle Ave. Police located the 27-year-old man and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- intoxicated man stumbling down Lakelse Ave. Police arrested a 39-year-old man for public intoxication.
- intoxicated man on Kalum St. Police arrested a 70-year-old man for public intoxication.
- intoxicated man trying to fight a person on Lakelse Ave. Police located the 41-year-old man and arrested him on a warrant out of West Vancouver.
- a rock was thrown thru the window of a business on Apsley St.
- uttering threats investigation at Caledonia Senior High. The people involved were dealt with by the school.
- a man lying on the ground in the 2700 block of Eby St. Checks were done of area.
- fraud investigation. A company credit card is being used inappropriately.
- suicidal 27-year-old man. Police spoke with him. Unsubstantiated.
- group of people fighting on Scott Ave. / Munroe St.
- domestic dispute. A man uttered threats. Police located the 44-year-old man and arrested him. Firearms and ammunition were seized from the vehicle he was driving.
- erratic driver in a grey 2005 Nissan Sentra on Scott Ave.
- a woman reported that a man she met on Facebook was trying to bully her into giving him money. Police advised the woman to block this person from her account, stop communicating with him, and notify Facebook.
- intoxicated man outside of a residence on Little Ave. Checks were done of area.
- erratic driver in a early 2000 Chevrolet pickup truck with a canopy on Keith Ave. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated man banging on a door on Pear St. Police located the man. He had an outstanding warrant for uttering a forged document and was arrested for same.
- false business alarm on Keith Ave.
- domestic dispute. A 41-year-old man was arrested for breaching his undertaking, the condition of leaving a person’s presence when requested. The domestic is still under investigation.
- theft from a vehicle parked on Scott Ave. The passenger window was broken. A leather bag, camera, binoculars, and radar detector were stolen.
- suspicious activity reported at an address.
- a 12-year-old girl assaulted her guardian and ran away. Police located the girl and transported her to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- during the night of October 18/19 a rock was thrown thru the front window of a residence on Hemlock St.
- false business alarm on Century St.
- animal cruelty complaint on Merkley Rd. under investigation.
- two intoxicated people refusing to leave a residence on Heppel Ave. Police attended and the people left.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).