Police seize single rifle round from boy
HERE'S SOME of the incidents that police dealt with in the past 24 hours.
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 20 calls for service from October 23, 8 a.m. until October 24, 8 a.m. During the same time period, three people were lodged in Terrace cells. Two were for public intoxication.
- a man hitting the window of an office on Lakelse Ave. / Emerson St.
- intoxicated man passed out in the washroom of Elephant Ear Bistro. Police arrested a 23-year-old man for public intoxication.
- a report of a man being kicked in the face by a bus driver on Keith Ave. Under investigation.
- woman passed out behind the medical clinic on Park Ave. Police found an 18-year-old man and arrested him for public intoxication.
- theft from a vehicle parked on Kerr St.
- a man acting in a wild aggressive manner outside of the Shelter on Hall St. He left prior to police attendance. Checks were done of area.
- speeding dump trucks on Dairy Ave. Police spoke with the driver of one of the trucks.
- false residential alarm on Best St.
- false residential alarm on Loen Ave.
- two hitchhikers jumping in and out of traffic on Kalum Lake Dr. near the city cemetery. Police spoke with two men ages 63 and 23 and found alternate arrangements for a ride north.
- two roommates arguing over whether one was allowed to have friends over. Police spoke with the two men.
- false business alarm on Lakelse Ave.
- a single rifle round was taken from a boy on Hanson St. and turned into the detachment for destruction.
- a wallet was found and arrangements were made for the owner to pick it up at the detachment.
- runaway 12-year-old. Police located her and apprehended her. The youth attempted to kick and bite police officers. Police have requested the assistance of Ministry of Children and Families in this ongoing issue.
- familial dispute. An assault occurred. Under investigation.
- well-being check of a person who hasn’t been heard from in a while. He was fine.
- break and enter to a residence on Lodgepole St. Several electronics, jewelry, and cash was stolen.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).