Please turn down that TV
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 33 calls for service from October 22, 8 AM till October 23, 8 AM. During the same time period there has been nobody lodged in Terrace cells.
- hit and run that occurred on October 21. Window broken and driver’s side dented.
- intoxicated group loitering in an alley behind Lazelle Ave. Checks were done of area.
- insecure vacant home on Park Ave. Police cleared the residence.
- dine and dash at a business on Greig Ave.
- erratic driver in an older Mazda RX-7 on Lazelle Ave and Kalum St. Checks were done of area.
- theft from an unlocked grey 2005 Volkswagon Jetta parked on Graham Ave. A 17 inch Toshiba laptop was stolen.
- wallet and sunglasses were stolen out of a car parked on Graham Ave.
- false business alarm on Lambly St.
- false residential alarm on Evergreen St
- false business alarm on Kalum lake Rd
- theft on Cory Dr. 4 Hankook Ice Picks were stolen sometime over the summer.
- theft from an unlocked vehicle in a trailer park on Graham. Cigarettes and gum were stolen. Other vehicles in the area were went thru as well.
- someone knocking on a door on Haugland Ave. Ongoing issue at this residence. Police attendance is requested for the wrong reasons.
- man passed out on the floor of washroom in Mills Memorial Hospital. Police spoke with the man outside. He had found a ride home.
- ongoing issued of a TV too loud in a neighbor’s apartment on Soucie. Police spoke with the neighbor who turned it down.
- false business alarm on Blakeburn St.
- BC Ambulance requested police assistance in gaining entry to a residence. Police obtained entry to the residence without damage. BC Ambulance transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- erratic driver in a dump truck on Queensway. Cut the corner and used two lanes. Ongoing issue.
- break and enter on Queensway Dr. Occurred sometime between 8 AM and 1 PM on October 22.
- false business alarm on Desjardins Ave.
- false business alarm on Motz Rd. An unsecured door was secured by police.
- assault at the Costalessa Motel. Police involvement was not wanted.
- possible breach of a no contact order. Police spoke with the people involved.
- domestic dispute involving arguments and a car. Under investigation.
- overdue hunters. Under investigation.
- truck in ditch 20 km south of Terrace on Hwy 37. BC Ambulance attended.
- abandoned vehicle on Hwy 37 / Onion Lake. The owner is already aware. Police have received this information numerous times.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).