Multiple vehicles broken into
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 130 calls for service from October 18, 8 AM until October 22, 8 AM. During the same time period 27 people were lodged in Terrace cells, 19 of these were for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Deceased 43 yr old woman on Copper River Rd. Foul play has been ruled out.
- Theft from an unlocked white 2012 Kia Sportage parked on Paquette Ave. A purse containing a wallet and various ID was stolen.
- Motor vehicle collision on Kalum Lake Rd. A gold Toyota Corolla rear ended a blue Ford pickup truck. The Toyota was towed. Damage to the truck was minimal. No injuries.
- A man told a woman that he was en route to her house to kill her. Police located the 27 yr old man and arrested him for uttering threats. Charges of uttering threats are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Theft from a Ford Focus parked on River Dr. A Dell Laptop computer with case, disks, and tools were stolen.
- Two men were walking in the 4800 block of Lazelle Ave and asked a ride from two men in a boxy looking sedan. A discussion ensued. The two men exited the car and punched then bear sprayed the two men who were walking.
- Theft from a Mercedes-Benz commercial van parked in the Bandstra compound on Blakeburn St. A locked latch was broken from the door. Various food items and an Ipod were stolen. A silver 2008 Chev pickup truck in the area was also went thru.
- Single vehicle rollover on Old Lakelse Lake Rd near the Thornhill dump. A green 1992 Acura lost control on icy roads in a corner and rolled. Damage to the vehicle was extensive. The driver suffered minor injuries.
- Police assisted with the apprehension of a 58 yr old man under the Mental Health Act.
- An intoxicated suicidal 17 yr old girl was apprehended under the Mental Health Act. She was transported to Mills Memorial hospital.
- Police observed a boy known to be on a curfew walking down Feeney Ave in breach of his curfew. The boy was arrested for breach and remanded for court on October 23.
- Police observed a man talking to a woman known to be on conditions to have no contact with her. The man refused to follow police direction and fled from police. Under investigation.
- Suicidal intoxicated 16 yr old girl. Police arrested the girl for breach of probation and breach of undertaking for being intoxicated. Charges of breach are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- The front passenger window of a white 2007 Dodge pickup truck parked in a lot on Kalum St was smashed during the night of October 19/20.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Save On Foods arrested a 16 yr old boy and a 17 yr old boy for shoplifting. They are banned from the store.
- A person was denied a taxi when he could not produce money for the fare. The man thru a rock and broke the rear passenger’s side window of the vehicle. The man is described as native, 6 ft, wearing a red jacket and a baseball hat. He fled into the bushes. Checks were done of area.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Save On Foods arrested a 37 yr old man for shoplifting. He is banned from the store.
- An 8 yr old boy has his foot run over by a green 2001 Dodge vehicle on Kalum St. Injuries were minor.
- A man sleeping outside of a residence that he is on conditions to not go to. Police arrested the 50 yr old man. He is held for court.
- Motor vehicle collision on Hwy 16 / Kalum St. A Honda Odyssey and a Mazda 3 suffered extensive damage and were towed. The drivers were taken to hospital by BC Ambulance and were determined to have no injuries.
- Break and enter to a residence on Thornhill St. sometime between October 18 and October 20. Liquor, two video game systems, a paint ball marker with C02 canister, a 30-06 Ruger bolt action rifle with scope, a black composite stock, and a stainless steel barrel, associated ammunition for the gun, and a yellow rifle box were stolen.
- Police arrested a 19 yr old man for possession of a controlled substance outside of the Spirit Night Club. An amount of what police believed to be cocaine was seized from the man.
- Police observed a speeding erratic blue 2006 Ford Explorer traveling on Hwy 16 near Ferry Island. The vehicle was pulled over and the 38 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. She was issued an immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- Police found a blue CCM Echo 15 speed bike on Greig Ave.
- Police received information that there were people with warrants in a residence on Sparks St. Police did not find anyone with a warrant. An amount of what police believe to be cocaine was seized from inside of the residence.
- Single vehicle rollover on Hwy 16 approximately 30 km east of Terrace. The driver lost control of her white 1994 Ford Explorer. She suffered minor injuries. The vehicle was towed.
- Break and enter to a residence on Queensway Dr. A 47 inch Panasonic TV and a PS3 were stolen.
- A black, white and florescent green Railey mountain bike was stolen from Kerr St.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).