Thief steals backpack of items out of vehicle
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 29 calls for service from October 17, 8 a.m. till October 18, 8 a.m. During this same time period, two people have been lodged in Terrace cells. One of these was for public intoxication.
- an intoxicated woman trying to fight another woman outside of the Royal Bank. Checks were done of the area.
- a bike and blanket were observed in the woods behind Lakelse Ave. for the past several days. Police found the items and checked the immediate area for any persons needing police assistance.
- a man causing a disturbance at Tim Horton’s. The man left when he understood that the police were called.
- three males were observed to be doing something suspicious to an ATV attached to a white Chevrolet pickup truck parked on Lakelse Ave. They were located in George Little Park. Under investigation.
- an intoxicated woman was evicted from the Bear Country Inn. Police arrested the woman for public intoxication.
- two bikes were found in a ditch on Pheasant St. and turned into the detachment. One is an orange Dyna Craf BMX bike and the other is a pink Oryk Eco ungeneration 21 speed bike.
- a red 1998 Dodge Stratus was observed parked in the arena parking lot full of people. Police detected the smell of marijuana. An amount of marijuana was seized by police. The 17-year-old driver was turned over to her parent.
- two men were observed entering a residence on Labelle Ave. thru a back window. Police attended to the residence and spoke with the two boys. One of them lived there and had forgotten his keys.
- a 22-year-old woman was reported missing. She was located by police and was fine.
- an IPAD owned by Parkside school was stolen. Under investigation.
- false residential alarm on McConnell Ave.
- an unlocked green 2001 Ford Explorer parked on Straume Ave. was went thru.
- an unidentified man representing Titan Alarms attended to the front door of a residence on Halliwell selling an alarm system. Police advised that this is a legitimate business in town right now and have acquired a business licence and will be going door to door for the next couple weeks.
- bear in garbage on Kenney St. Police and conservation attended and the bear was shot and killed.
- group of youth doing drugs in an alley way behind Davis Ave. that joins Eby St. and Munroe St. Police did checks of the area.
- a man trying to inhibit a woman from walking away on Haugland Ave. Checks were done of area.
- a man in silver mini-van seemed to be following a person and her friends. Checks were done.
- group of men fighting outside of Boston Pizza. They were dispersed. Police involvement was not wanted.
- pedestrian / vehicle collision on Kalum St. at Park Ave. The 56-year-old man suffered injuries and was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital. North District Integrated Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Service are assisting with the investigation.
- noisy party on Scott Ave. was shut down by police
- sexual interference investigation
- theft from an unlocked grey 2005 Subaru Outback parked at a residence on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. A green Mountain Equipment Co-Op backpack containing a CN operator’s manual, keys, two black flashlights, and a black headlamp were stolen.
- suicidal 34-year-old man. Police spoke with the man. Unsubstantiated.
- domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. No injuries.
- suspicious hitchhikers, a young woman and an adult man. They were dropped off at the entrance to Gitaus Reserve on Hwy 16. They told the driver that they were evading police apprehension. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated 33-year-old man refusing to leave a residence. He left prior to police arrival.
- assist New Aiyansh Detachment with an obstruction.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).