House sitters cause damage
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 19 calls for service from September 24, 8 AM till September 25, 8 AM.
- group of intoxicated people on Lazelle Ave. Police attended and disposed of some alcohol and moved the group on their way.
- possible breach. Police spoke with the people involved and determined that the man was being allowed access to a residence and was not in breach.
- intoxicated man trying to get into cars on Greig Ave with a metal pole. A witness yelled at the man when he was observed get into a car not belonging to him. He ran. Police located a 51 yr old man matching the description provided a short distance away and he was arrested for public intoxication. There was no damage to the vehicles.
- intoxicated man passed out on Kalum St by Greig Ave. Police arrested a 30 yr old man for public intoxication.
- theft from an unlocked green 2001 Chrysler Neon parked on Davis Ave. An auxiliary cable and a radio faceplate was stolen.
- familial dispute. A 24 yr old man left on his own accord prior to police attendance. Checks were done of the area.
- suspicious occurrence on Little Ave. Police gave advice on the matter.
- bear near Suliwaaks School. Checks were done of the area.
- a man left his home in the care of a man and woman while he went away to work. Upon his return the man discovered that a whole group of people were allowed into his residence causing damage and disarray. Cheques were also stolen and attempts were made to cash them at Speedee Cash.
- civil dispute over the ownership of a dog. Advice was given on the matter.
- a 28 yr old man was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- report of a missing 37 yr old man. He was in jail.
- harassment complaint. A vehicle was followed by another vehicle and it was creepy. Advice was given on the matter.
- a woman standing in the middle of the road in front of the Back Eddy Pub. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated man punching a trailer and then passed out beside it. Police arrested a 35 yr old man for public intoxication.
- false business alarm on Eby St.
- harassment complaint. Police involvement was not wanted.
- a milk crate full of tools fell off the tailgate of a truck in between Jackpine Flats and Northwest Community College.
- speeding cars on Queensway Dr. Police conducted checks in the area.
- abandoned brown 1986 Chevrolet van on Findlay Lake Rd. Police have identified the registered owner. The van is broken down.