Cellphones stolen from Skeena Middle School
TERRACE RCMP responded to approximately 51 calls for service from September 18, 8 AM to September 20, 8 AM.
- a purse left behind at the Cash Store was turned over to the police.
- a rock was thrown thru the passenger’s side window of a green 1994 Toyota 4runner truck parked on Lazelle Ave
- uttering threats investigation
- intoxicated woman passed out on a bench near Safeway on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with the woman. She was having a rest and was headed home.
- suicidal 18 yr old man. Police apprehended him under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital
- well being check of a woman seen on Lazelle Ave who is not normally by herself. Checks were done of the area.
- fight between two boys on Lakelse Ave / Emerson St over bikes.
- two bikes were stolen from a residence during the night of Sept 17/18. The bikes were both Mongoose, 18 speeds, one was silver and one was black.
- theft of 3 cellphones (a white Blackberry Curve, a pink Blackberry Curve, and a black Blackberry Curve), money, and a ring were stolen from unlocked lockers at Skeena Middle School.
- domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. It was a verbal argument. The 28 yr old man found alternate lodging.
- speeding driver in a white 2006 Pontiac Pursuit on Keith Ave. Checks were done of area.
- possible impaired driver in a grey 2007 Dodge Durango on Hwy 16 / Hwy 37. Checks were done of area.
- false business alarm on Graham Ave
- noise complaint. Neighbors were arguing. Police spoke with the people involved.
- a wallet was lost on Ferry Island.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a 15 yr old girl for shoplifting. Police attended and arrested the youth. She was turned over to her guardian. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- intoxicated man on Greig Ave causing a disturbance. Checks were done of area.
- possible impaired driver in a white truck pulling into the hospital parking lot. Investigation deemed this to be unfounded.
- deceased 59 yr old man on Kerby Ave
- parking complaint. Police attended and determined the vehicle was legally parked.
- attempt theft from an unlocked green 2002 Ford Focus on Kenney St. Checks were done of area.
- group of intoxicated teens banging on a door on Sparks St. Checks were done of area.
- false business alarm on Blakeburn St.
- a black and green purse was lost at the Carpenter’s Hall on September 18 containing various ID and cards
- abandoned 911 call. Police were able to determine it as false.
- assist BC Ambulance for a medical alarm on Walsh Ave.
- suicidal person was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by police.
- a woman sitting at the Café Zesta can see a red light flashing on the mountainside.
- two boys standing at Clark St / Old Lakelse Lake Dr threw a bike under a vehicle that was parked at the stop sign and then yelled obscenities at the woman when she exited the vehicle to see if they were okay. Checks were done of area.
- 911 call. It was a familial dispute. Police spoke with the people involved who separated for the time being.
- a woman screaming and yelling at a residence on Queensway Dr. Three intoxicated people were involved in a physical altercation. A 21 yr old woman suffered injuries and was assessed by BC Ambulance. A 25 yr old man was arrested for assault. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- report of drug trafficking
- sexual assault investigation
- familial dispute over belongings. Police gave advice on the matter.
- erratic driver in a two tone green truck with a canopy on Hwy 16 near Kleanza Cr
- a black nylon wallet with a herringbone pattern containing various ID and cards was found at Furlong Bay and turned into the detachment
- an abandoned green Polaris sportsman ATV on Copper Flats.
- a man in a blue semi parked at the weigh scales was observed to be doing what may possibly be drugs.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting
TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).