- 2015 Federal Election
Phone scam failed in northwestern BC
HERE are some of the incidents requiring the services of Terrace RCMP officers for the period from 8 am, Sept. 7 to 8 am Sept. 10.
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 100 calls during this time. Of these calls five were for false alarms/911 calls.
During the same time period there were 24 people lodged in the cells of the Terrace RCMP detachment. 22 of these were for public intoxication.
- An intoxicated man was not wanted in a home anymore. Police attended and transported the 54 yr old man to another location for the time being. Investigation further determined that the he has been stealing money from a family member for the past couple weeks. Investigation ongoing.
- Terrace RCMP assisted the Mills Memorial Hospital with the apprehension of an AWOL 58 yr old patient.
- Motor vehicle incident at Keith Ave and Kenny St. A green 2005 Honda Accord was rear ended while it was stopped and waiting to turn by a grey 2013 GMC 4 dr car. The people involved were not injured. The damage sustained by the vehicles was minor.
- Suicidal 27 yr old man. He escorted by police to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- Phone scam. A person received a phone call from a male claiming to be his nephew in Montreal and needing money because he was in trouble. No money was sent.
- Suicidal 76 yr old woman. Police spoke with her. She was joking to get attention. A person agreed to stay with the woman.
- A woman called police from Tim Hortons on Lakelse Ave claiming she was beaten up. The 33 yr old woman was uninjured and very intoxicated. She was arrested for public intoxication and public mischief.
- Fight outside of the Tim Hortons on Lakelse Ave. A man stated that another man put him in a head lock and then bit him on the head. Police arrested a 31 yr old man for assault. He was combative with police and spat at them numerous times. The people involved in the incident did not want further police involvement.
- Theft of a blue mountain bike from the front of Parkside school on September 7 between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- A man causing a disturbance at Copperside Store on Kalum St. The man was yelling obscenities at staff and refusing to leave. On going issue with this man. Police viewed video footage and have identified a 29 yr old man. Under investigation.
- Domestic dispute. Police spoke with the people involved. A man agreed to leave the residence for the night and was transported to alternate lodgings.
- Fight in behind the Northern Pub and Chevron on Hwy 16 east. BC Ambulance attended and treated a 16 yr and a 15 yr old boy for injuries. Under investigation.
- Domestic dispute. Both people involved were un-cooperative with police. Both were intoxicated. A 41 yr old man was arrested for breach of conditions of not to consume alcohol. Charges are not being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A blue 2000 Volkswagen Jetta was pulled over on Hwy 16 near Old Lakelse Lake Dr for doing 94 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone. The 21 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. He was served a 90 day immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Domestic dispute. A woman was choked by her intoxicated common law 24 yr old spouse. Police conducted checks of the area. A man matching the description of the spouse fled from police into a field. Ongoing investigation.
- Hit and run in the parking lot of the Skeena Mall on September 7 at approximately 13:00 hrs. A grey 2004 Dodge Dakota pickup was sideswiped on the passenger side by a black colored vehicle.
- Report of two people sleeping in a black Ford pickup at the Chevron on Hwy 16 east. Police attended and observed the pickup moving from the pumps to behind the business. The 41 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. She was issued a 90 day immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- Police observed a white 1998 Ford Ranger pick up truck pull into a driveway. The 18 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. She was issued a 90 day immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- A blue 2003 Ford Windstar van was observed by police with a door open and no one around parked on the side of the road. Upon closer observation police observed a man passed out lying half in the vehicle and half on the ground. Drugs and drug paraphernalia were seized from the vehicle. The 48 yr old man was issued a 24 hr driving suspension and arrested for possession of a narcotic.
- Suicidal 29 yr old man standing on the new bridge on Hwy 16 east. Police spoke with the man who was intoxicated. He was arrested for public intoxication.
- Domestic dispute. A 41 yr old man was arrested for breaching a no contact condition. Charge of breach is being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Police observed a man drinking a can of Budweiser beer in the George Little Park. The man was on a Conditional Sentence Order which required that he not consume alcohol outside of his residence. Police arrested the 67 yr old man. He is held for court.
- A man lost his wallet, then two months later received a message on Facebook that a person had found his wallet but would not return it unless they received a reward. Police spoke with the woman who turned the wallet over to the police. The wallet was then returned to its owner.
- A blue 1996 Ford Ranger truck towing a boat trailer was checked at Kalum St / Haughland Ave. The 23 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. He was issued a 90 day immediate roadside suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Missing 14 yr old girl. Family located her at a residence and in the company of a 20 yr old man. Police spoke with the man.
- A group of youth were observed in the George Little Park. A 16 yr old boy was in breach of a curfew of 11 PM to 5 AM. He was arrested and transported to his residence and turned over to the care of his parents.
- Two fishing rods, one described as a Piecies make, were lost on the Copper River Forest Service Road over the weekend.
- An intoxicated man sleeping on the roof of Checkers Pizza on Greig Ave. Police arrested the man for public intoxication. He was on conditions to not be outside of his residence after midnight and before 6 AM and not to consume alcohol. He was arrested for breaching his conditions and is held for court.
- People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting
TERRACE plus your messageto 274637 (CRIMES).