Eight arrested for intoxication in one night
HERE ARE the events requiring the presence of Terrace RCMP officers for the 24-hour period ending 8 am, Aug. 24, 2012.
- during routine patrols police arrested eight men ages 19, 50, 56, 49, 23, 20, 19 and 52 yrs and one woman 18 yrs of age on separate incidents and locations for public intoxication.
- possible impaired in a white 1995 Dodge pickup truck between the two bridges on Hwy 16. Police spoke with the 48 yr old driver. He had his dog on his lap and had dropped a cigarette causing him to drive erratically.
- false hold up alarm at a business on Lakelse Ave.
- abandoned 911 call on Lazelle Ave. Determined false.
- motor vehicle incident on Tetrault St / Keith Ave.
- report of a woman allowing persons under the age of 16 yrs in her residence when her 29 yr old son, also living at the residence, is on conditions to not be around anyone under the age of 16 yrs. Police attended and spoke with everyone in the residence.
- false business alarm on Straume Ave.
- domestic dispute. Verbal argument. The 49 yr old man found alternate lodging.
- theft. Two men stole a money pouch from a cab driver. Police attended to the location on Hwy 16 west. One 24 yr old man was arrested a short distance away. Toma, police service dog, assisted in tracking this man. The second man fled. Under investigation.
- a woman requesting police assistance with a 23 yr old daughter who is threatening her
- prank phone calls. Two young people calling a person saying they are going to rape her. Laughing in background.
- a group of intoxicated people standing around a vehicle on Scott Ave. Possibility of them driving while intoxicated.
- false business alarm on Hwy 16 East
- youth partying on Penner St and Fox Ave. Checks were done of area.
- black car racing up and down Hemlock and Hawthorne Ave. Police located the black 2001 Volkswagen Jetta. The driver saw police and quickly pulled into a driveway and then fled on foot. Police attended to the registered owner’s address a short distance away and spoke with a parent.
- a woman requesting police assistance with an injured puppy. The woman had found the puppy on the highway. It appeared to have been struck by a vehicle. The puppy was having difficulty breathing and was bleeding from the mouth. The woman took the puppy to the vet in Thornhill, who refused to look at the puppy. She then took the puppy to the vet in Terrace, who also refused to look at the puppy. Police call the Terrace Animal Shelter who agreed to take the puppy and make the necessary arrangements for it to be sent to the Thornhill Shelter.
- a 65 yr old man was refused to fly on his Hawkair flight due to his level of intoxication. He was belligerent with Hawkair staff and uncooperative with police. He was arrested for public intoxication.
- police observed a black Toyota Highlander with no operating lights on Thomas and Cooper Dr. The driver was 15 yrs old and had taken the vehicle without consent while his parents were out of town. There were two 15 yr old passengers. The parents of the passengers attended to pickup their boys. The vehicle was impounded for seven days.
- a man was refused entrance into his home after he had been consuming alcohol all day. Police transported the man to alternate lodging for the night.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).2