Woman screams over spilled beer
HERE'S some of the incidents that kept police busy from 8 a.m. August 2 to 8 a.m. August 3.
- a wallet was lost on Lakelse Ave. containing ID, credit cards, and cash.
- group of intoxicated people causing a disturbance in a field on Greig Ave. Police arrested a 55-year-old man for public intoxication.
- police observed an intoxicated woman laying on the grass on Lakelse Ave. / Kalum St. The 44-year-old woman was arrested for public intoxication.
- two intoxicated men and one intoxicated woman yelling at each other and throwing bottles at each other. Checks were done of area.
- a woman was heard crying and there were thumping noises at a residence on Park Ave. Checks were done of area.
- false cellular 911.
- group of intoxicated people drinking alcohol near the Skeena Liquor Store. Police located the group. They were sober.
- group of people on Kalum St. and one of the men keeps walking out into traffic.
- spray painting “Stoney” on various buildings around town.
- a Mastercraft electric air compressor was found under the stairs of a building on Lakelse Ave.
- a young child sitting on a pillar near the southwest corner of the Sande Overpass for last 45 minutes. Checks were done of area.
- possible domestic dispute at a residence on Kalum St. It was a party and everyone was moderately intoxicated. No issues.
- a wallet left at the Skeena Liquor Store approximately a month ago was turned into the detachment. Wallet is black cloth with finger on front.
- a blue 2002 GMC Savanna ran a stop light and almost hit a child.
- police assisted Mills Memorial Hospital with the apprehension of a 19-year-old man.
- suspicious vehicle, taupe Montana Van, parked at intersection of Munthe and Anderson. Male driver was writing something down.
- attempted theft of a red 2011 Subaru Sport sometime during the night of July 31/ Aug 1 parked on Cramer St. A window was smashed and the ignition was damaged.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a 53-year-old woman and a 61-year-old woman for shoplifting. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- false 911 call. A 7-year-old was trying to call her friend but accidentally called the police.
- false business alarm on Haugland Ave.
- ongoing problem with a speeding driver in a 1997 green Ford F350 pickup on Medeek Ave. The registered owner was spoken with.
- domestic dispute. A woman asked a man over for money. The man would not give it to her because she was intoxicated. She grabbed him so he pushed her. No injuries and neither person was cooperative with police.
- noisy party on Loen Ave. It was shut down prior to police attendance.
- intoxicated man on Scott Ave. Checks were done of area.
- two youths yelled at a woman walking on Munroe St. Police spoke with the youths.
- screaming near Walsh Ave. Police located two intoxicated people. A woman was screaming because she had spilled her beer and felt full of grief. A 21-year-old and a 22-year-old woman were arrested for public intoxication.
- suicidal 27-year-old man. He was apprehended under the Mental Health Act and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- intoxicated male passed out in a stairwell on Park Ave. Police arrested the 17-year-old boy and found him lodging.
- a man was reported missing. Police spoke with the man. The arrival times were miscommunicated. He was fine.
- false residential alarm on Hanson St.
- domestic dispute. A man climbed over a balcony and then dragged a woman around.
- theft in progress on Lazelle Ave. Three youths put a ladder up on a roof.
- false business alarm on Straume Ave.
- 911 call. People were separated.
- suicidal 18-year-old man. BC Ambulance transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital.
- suicidal 34-year-old woman. Police spoke with the woman. The comments were made in frustration in dealing with Bell. Unsubstantiated.
- an intoxicated boyfriend threatened to rip his girlfriend’s head off.
- a group of people banging on doors and windows shouting for a person.
- single vehicle rollover on Hwy 37 south near Westside Rd. A blue 1998 Ford F-150 lost control after the passenger tampered with the gear shifter. The 62-year-old passenger was removed from the vehicle by Fire Rescue and transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance. The 37-year-old driver had an expired driver’s licence and was a vehicle impound candidate. She was issued a driving prohibition and the vehicle was impounded.
- arguing heard and then possibly a gunshot. Police located two people living in a camp on the Skeena River east of the Old Bridge. A battery was thrown into the fire and it had exploded.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).