- 2015 Federal Election
Three women fight over hospital chair
HERE IS a roundup of the calls police responded to from 8 a.m. July 25 to 8 a.m. July 28:
- unlicenced driver near the Northern Saving Credit Union
- three men possibly doing drugs in a black Ford Escort in the alley in behind Lazelle Ave. Checks were done of area.
- false business alarm on Kalum St.
- youths loitering on trees on Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of area.
- an intoxicated man reported that he was beaten up by about six to eight men. The men were described as all native, one with short hair, one with long hair, and one was wearing a red “Tap Out” t-shirt. The man was not cooperative with police and refused medical attention.
- intoxicated man near the Post Office. Police arrested a 50-year-old man for public intoxication.
- two men fighting over a bike on Greig Ave.
- an 18-year-old man driving contrary to conditions in a red Nissan Pathfinder on Kalum St. and Lakelse Ave.
- Abandoned 911 call. Police spoke with the man who wanted to report an intoxicated woman on Keith and Braun. Checks were done of area.
- man passed out on Lazelle Ave. Police located the 26-year-old man. He woke up and was able to make it on his own.
- an intoxicated woman reported that she was assaulted by two girls on Lakelse Ave. Police were unable to get any more details due to the level of intoxication.
- intoxicated man on Lakelse Ave. Police transported the man to another location.
- false alarm on Lakelse Ave.
- two men were observed intoxicated in the George Little Park. Police arrested a 48-year-old and a 66-year-old man for public intoxication.
- report of a person being psychotic at the Kermodei Friendship Centre. Investigation determined that a window was accidentally broken by a man who had stumbled and that he became upset but police involvement was not required.
- a man was threatened by another man. He wanted the police to tell the other man to leave town. Police were unable to determine the identity of the other man involved in this incident.
- three woman fighting over a chair at Mills Memorial Hospital. When they learned that the police were called, they took their argument outside.
- missing 40-year-old man. He was located at his home.
- familial dispute. Advice was given on the matter.
- intoxicated person at the Walmart. Police arrested a 35-year-old man for public intoxication. Police called BC Ambulance for the man due to his level of intoxication. He was assessed and rearrested for public intoxication.
- a 14-year-old girl was reported late for her court ordered curfew. Police located her with a group of teens on Kalum and Haugland. She ran from police and then resisted arrest. She was intoxicated.
- group of youths having a campfire on Graham Ave. behind Jack Cook School. Checks were done of area.
- youth yelling near Pear St. Checks were done of area.
- false business alarm on Kerby Ave.
- yelling and screaming from a residence on Pear St. Police spoke with the people in the residence. Everything was fine.
- intoxicated man passed out at Olson Ave. and Hanson St. Police arrested the 24-year-old man for public intoxication.
- BC Ambulance requested police assistance with a patient. He became cooperative prior to police attendance.
- two intoxicated people in a hallway on Scott Ave. Police arrested a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year-old man for public intoxication.
- a male reported that he was being chased by a female. Police did checks of the area.
- an intoxicated man trying to fight people in a residence on Walsh Ave. Police arrested the 22-year-old man for mischief.
- a woman reported that a window was open at her neighbor’s residence. The concerned neighbor called back and advised that everything was fine, the window was opened to let a cat in.
- a 17-year-old girl was reported missing. It was determined that she was not missing. She ran away because she did not like the house rules, and was keeping in contact via social media.
- an 18 speed blue and black Norco bike was stolen from under a deck on Davis Ave.
- suspicious vehicle. A white Chevy truck with the passenger door open for an hour parked in a parking lot on Pear St. It was determined that a person was moving in.
- two males fighting on Loen Ave. Police spoke with people in the area who stated that there were some youths play fighting in the area and they had left.
- theft from a trailer and van parked on Kalum St.
- a woman was upset that her ex-husband did not give medication to their child, who was with the ex-husband. Police got the medication and gave it to the ex-husband to give to the child.
- domestic dispute. A 20-year-old man threw an item at his common law partner and damaged some property in the residence. He was arrested for assault.
- yelling and screaming at a residence on Straume Ave.
- a noisy neighbour at a residence on Park Ave., banging things around. Police located the woman in the area. She had dropped an item causing the noise.
- a man with no shirt and a woman in a white dress yelling at each other on Sparks St.
- group of youths causing a disturbance on Loen Ave. Police found the youths and sent them on their way.
- false business alarm on Hampton St.
- an intoxicated man was left by his partner on Keith Ave. Police arrested the 42-year-old man for public intoxication.
- a purse was found by police at the Terrace arena parking lot.
- panic alarm from a business on Tetrault St.
- a man screaming and out of control on Edlund Ave.
- intoxicated man driving a brown van on Clarke St. Checks were done of area.
- quads on the road on Lowrie Ave. Checks were done of area.
- noisy party going on all day on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. Police shut the party down.
- domestic dispute. A 35-year-old man was arrested for breaching a condition of failing to leave a person’s presence upon their request. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- a black HTC cell phone was found on Muller Ave. and Clark St. and turned into the police.
- erratic driver possibly impaired in a white GMC 2008 pickup truck on Hwy 37. Under investigation.
- a man high on crack cocaine causing a disturbance at the Costa Lessa Motel on Hwy 16 East. He was swearing, laughing, talking to himself, and scratching himself incessantly. Police arrested the 35-year-old man for causing a disturbance.
- erratic driver in a cube van at Hwy 34 and Hwy 16. Police spoke with the business owner of the van and made him aware of the complaint.
- ongoing problem of people doing wheelies on dirt bikes on Muller Ave.
- a prohibited weapon was seized from a man at the airport when he attempted to carry it onto the plane. The butterfly knife was seized from the 24-year-old man.
- welfare fraud investigation.
- suspicious occurrence at the Copperside Stables on Copper River Rd. Gates were open, several horses had cuts and scrapes on them, and horses were in pens that they normally are not in. Cables were also tampered with.
- domestic dispute. A 34-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman were both arrested for public intoxication.
- a wallet was left on the front steps of the detachment.
- argument over fishing turf on the Skeena River. A weight was thrown at a boater. The boater cut off some fishing lines that were cast out from shore. The parties were separated and they went home.
- abandoned Mercury Mystique on Old Lakelse Lake Rd. The registered owner was contacted and is dealing with the vehicle.
- familial dispute. Advice was given on the matter.
- 15-year-old girl was reported missing. She returned on her own a short time later.
- an intoxicated man in a residence on Gitsaex St. Police located the 34-year-old man. Investigation determined that he was allowed to stay at the residence on occasion. Further action was not required.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).