Bike theft warnings issued
THE TERRACE RCMP are asking the public’s assistance and to be on the look out for three stolen bikes, a stolen skateboard, and stolen long board. These items were stolen from a home on Lanfear Dr over a one week period.
On June 25 two Brodie Mountain Bikes, a black long board, and a red and black Rip Stick skate board were stolen.
The first Brodie bike is a 10 speed, blue with yellow writing, full suspension and has squeaky brakes. The second Brodie mountain bike is a 10 speed, camo green, full suspension, and the front derailer is missing the gear indicator.
On June 30 the home was hit by the thieves a second time. Two Kalaharis bikes were stolen. The first Kalaharis bike is described as electric blue with a cruiser style seat and two silver forks.
The second Kalaharis bike was found by neighbors shortly after it was stolen in some bushes across from Kenney St and Hwy 16.
“The Terrace RCMP have received a high number of stolen bike complaints in the past few weeks. In the majority of these calls, the bikes were not locked up. Your bike is only as safe as you make it. If you value your bike follow these tips, “ says Cst Angela Rabut, media relations officer Terrace Detachment
1. Use a high quality lock of case-hardened steel. Poor quality locks can be cut in seconds.
2. Secure the bike to an immovable object with the lock through both wheels and the frame.
3. Lock it in a well lit and busy area.
4. Take with you all parcel and bike accessories. Never leave these on your unattended bike.
5. Have your bicycle and accessories identified with your driver’s licence, social insurance, or other secret and recorded number.
6. Participate in the bike registration program at the local fire department
If you have information about this crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).