- BC Games
Man arrested for theft of police vehicle licence plates
- woman passed out in the lobby of the Best Western Inn on Greig Ave. Police arrested a 21 yr old woman for public intoxication.
- a woman was bitten by a dog on Lakelse Ave.
- intoxicated man on Greig Ave. Police spoke with the man who was mildly intoxicated and sent him on his way.
- intoxicated man wanting a taxi with no money to pay. Police attended to the location. The man had left prior to police arrival. Checks for him in the area were done.
- the passenger front tire of a vehicle parked at the Best Western was slashed during the night of July 17/18.
- suspicious man walking around Checkers Pizza.
- five intoxicated people pushing each other on Kalum St / Park Ave. Checks were done of area.
- a report of medication lost at the hospital
- erratic driver in a white Jeep. Checks were done.
- intoxicated man on Little Ave. Police arrested a 36 yr old man for public intoxication.
- youth trying to start a fire in the bush on Hanson St.
- hit and run at the Tim Horton’s on Keith Ave.
- two false business alarms on Keith Ave.
- collision between a black 2012 Chevrolet Equinox and an orange 2009 Dodge Caliber at Hwy 16 West and Kalum St. Both vehicles suffered extensive damage and had to be towed. The 21 yr old driver of the Equinox was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- domestic dispute. An intoxicated man refused to leave a residence and damaged some property. Police arrested the 44 yr old man for mischief.
- 14 yr old girl reported late for her curfew.
- intoxicated girl on Kalum St and Park Ave. Police arrested a 16 yr old girl for public intoxication.
- a 54 yr old man was reported missing, en route to Prince Rupert from Terrace. He was located in the Prince Rupert Casino.
- vandalism to NuFloors on Keith Ave. The front glass of the store was damaged.
- intoxicated man laying in bushes near Citywest. Police arrested the 50 yr old man for public intoxication.
- a pedestrian was hit in a crosswalk by a white car near Fountain Tire on Keith Ave
- domestic dispute. An intoxicated man was attempting to get into a residence. The man left prior to police arrival.
- a man sleeping on a trail in behind Hemlock St. Police located the man who was sober. He was just tired and that spot on the trail looked like a good place to sleep.
- theft of a generator out of the back of a pick up truck parked at Thornhill Daily Needs on Hemlock St. A chain had been cut to remove the generator.
- theft of the front licence plate from a police car that was parked at the Thornhill Daily Needs on investigation of another file. Investigation determined that attempts were also made to steal the rear licence plate. Police located a 31 yr old man in the area that matched the description of the suspect and arrested him for theft. Under investigation.
- two vehicle motor vehicle collision on Hwy 37 near the airport.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).