Erratic driver narrowly misses nine children
HERE'S THE lowdown on the local police and the calls they responded to during the last 24 hours:
- vandalism to Tillicum Twin Theatres. At approximately 1:30 a.m., the front door window was broken with a long board. The two suspects are described as a Caucasian man wearing a white sleeveless t-shirt and a Caucasian woman wearing a blue dress.
- intoxicated man passed out behind the Skeena Liquor Store on Greig Ave. Police located the man and spoke with him. He was soberish and went on his way.
- fraud investigation. A person was attempting to purchase a cell phone with fraudulent identification at the Source. Under investigation.
- false business alarm on Lakelse Ave.
- intoxicated man at the Husky on Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of area.
- man passed out at the Husky on Lakelse Ave. A 40-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication.
- a woman left a voice mail for her neighbor threatening a dog for barking incessantly on Halliwell Ave.
- an aluminum “Interior Off Road” headache rack was stolen from a vehicle parked at Totem Auto Repair on Keith Ave.
- A Kona 12 Lana 21 speed black bicycle was stolen from a backyard on Kenney St.
- compost bags left at the end of a driveway on Tuck Ave. were set on fire.
- erratic driver in a blue pickup truck almost hit nine preschoolers on Kalum St. and Park Ave.
- material was lost out of a back of a delivery truck on West Kalum Forestry Rd. Under investigation.
- assault investigation.
- A 36-year-old man has been arrested for breach of conditional sentence order by being out past his curfew. He was held for court.
- two intoxicated people passed out behind the Greyhound on Keith Ave. Checks were done of area.
- possible intoxicated driver in a red Ford F-150 en route to the Nass Valley.
- a red leather wallet containing various cards and ID was stolen from an unlocked truck in the Walmart Parking Lot.
- intoxicated man on Haugland Ave. Police arrested a 50-year-old man for public intoxication. He was suffering from chest pains and was released to BC Ambulance.
- three stowaways on the train from Prince Rupert to Terrace. Police arrested three men ages 20, 22, and 24 years of age. BC Rail Police dealt with the men.
- four intoxicated men kicked out of the Boston Pizza lingering in the parking lot. Checks were done of area.
- group of youths causing a disturbance behind the arena. Police located the youths.
- an intoxicated man on a bicycle on Lazelle Ave. Police arrested the 24-year-old man for public intoxication.
- false business alarm on Keith Ave.
- two intoxicated youths causing problems on Sparks St. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated man passed out on Kalum St. Police arrested a 26-year-old man for public intoxication.
- a man on a bike stole two grocery bags full of sandwiches from Copperside Foods on Kalum St.
- a 10-year-old boy had all of his hair cut off at an address on Straume.
- two girls climbing over the edge of the bridge railing on the Skeena River Bridge. Police spoke with a 17-year-old girl and a 24-year-old woman and warned them about their behaviour.
- false residential alarm on Cypress St.
- noisy party on River Dr. was shut down.
- intoxicated persons jumping on a trampoline on Muller Ave. Three men ages 21, 23, 21 were warned about their behaviour.
- a man breaking into a trailer parked at the Kleanza Construction parking lot on Hwy 16 East at 4:30 a.m. He was scared off by a witness.
- a wallet containing cash, cards, and ID was found and turned into the detachment. Police are searching for its owner.
- a wallet was found at Grouchy’s Beach and turned in to the detachment. Police are searching for its owner.
- report of drinking at the Lakelse Lake park sites.
- a woman was reported missing from the Kitsumkalum Campground. She returned on her own a short time later.
- domestic dispute on Ferry Island. A 54-year-old man was arrested for assault. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- police assisted Terrace Fire Department and BC Ambulance with a man on the Skeena Bridge on Hwy 16.
- 911 call on Spokeshute St. Everyone was fine. Police were called back to the residence two hours later and arrested a 23-year-old man for assault. Police were called again to the residence two hours later on a report of property damage.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at 250-638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting “TERRACE plus your message” to 274637 (CRIMES).