Break and enter investigated in Terrace
- a woman known as a chronic thief was attempting to pawn items suspected as stolen. Police spoke with the shop owner.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with a patient. Other agencies are involved in finding alternate living arrangements.
- man passed out near the Walmart Parking lot and the highway. Police located the 60 yr old man and transported him to the Men’s Shelter.
- Heritage Museum Park was vandalized overnight. The donations box, several plants, and a fence were broken.
- uttering threats complaint. Under investigation.
- abandoned vehicle left overnight at the Terrace Little Theater. The vehicle was gone prior to police attendance.
- a man with no shirt on carrying a bat looking angry on Greig Ave. Police spoke with the man. He had exited his residence carrying the bat in order to scare his neighbor’s dogs so they would stop barking. Police also spoke with the owner of the barking dogs.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart caught a 22 yr old woman for shoplifting. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- 64 yr old man driving a vehicle with no driver’s licence. Checks were done of area. Police spoke with the registered owner of the red Mazda pickup truck and warned him not to let unlicenced drivers operate his truck.
- a vehicle parked in a driveway on Eby St was gone thru during the night. Nothing was taken. Groceries left in the vehicle were spilled onto the ground. A Sirius satellite radio not belonging to the owner was left on the back seat. The radio was turned into the police.
- single vehicle motor vehicle incident. A white Ford pickup truck rolled over at Hwy 16 west and Frank St. No injuries.
- harassment complaint. Advice was given on the matter.
- suspicious grey Dodge Caravan driving slowly near the river on Kerr St. Checks were done of area.
- police observed a red Pontiac G5 speeding. The vehicle was pulled over and the 30 yr old driver was arrested for driving while impaired. He refused to provide breath samples. Charges of refusing to provide breath samples are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- two females and one male described as Caucasian between 18 to 20 yrs of age lit a shirt on fire in a shopping cart in front of Skeena Jr. Secondary. The damage was minimal and the fire was put out.
- dine and dash at Denny’s restaurant. Under investigation. Video surveillance is being obtained.
- Police observed several youth in the Skate Park. Alcohol was located upon speaking with the youth and dumped out.
- false business alarm on Kalum St.
- a vehicle halfway up Lanfear Hill with flat tire.
- various ID found on Pear St was turned into the police. To be returned to owner.
- possible shots fired in the area of Highland Dr.
- break and enter at a residence at Kalum Gardens. A man known to police has been arrested. Under investigation.
- possible shots fired on Terrace St / Twedle Ave.
- a woman requested police assistance with some documents.
- homeowner complained that two children were digging holes on her property. Police attended and spoke with two youth who were building a jump for their BMX bikes in a ditch that led to the complainant’s property. They were apologetic, filled in the holes, and left.
- traffic lights on the Old Bridge on Lakelse Ave and Queensway Dr were reported as not operating. Police attended and directed traffic until flagging staff arrived.
- Ministry of Children and Families requested police assistance on a well being check of children. Police attended and the children were being cared for by a sober adult.
- false 911 call. An intoxicated person was attempting to dial 411.
- false residential alarm approximately 20 km north on the Nass Hwy. Police attended and homeowner was fine and sleeping.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com.